• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy of mine wanted his Inertia to match his digi camo/orange trim DC shoes.

So, I designed this as a way to practice off center circles, and to try off center circles with a stencil background. I could write a small book about what went wrong and what I learned, but it turned out pretty sweet in the end.

I tried to post more details about how it was done and a bunch of pics from along the way in the cool dye combinations thread, but it is too old to revive apparently. Can a mod get that thread open again? Someone mentioned in here a few pages back that they wish that thread was still going, and I agree.

Anyways, here are the 3 best pics, before any dye with the first set of weeding done, the completed background, and the finished disc.

Great job man! Those squares look like they were tedious to cut. Also good job on those off center beauties! I got another off center spin nightmare im working on right now, ill be posting here in a day or two...I really gotta plan those out better. Dont put the circle where the disc dips ;) lol

I have been busy hand drawing and hand cutting these two stencils. Tonight I finally finished the both of them. I had to wait to complete both because i needed to mix the flesh tone and it is a difficult mix to get right. I wanted to only have to do it once. It didn't take very well with the Latitude Gold Line plastic.

Disc 1: Latitude Gold Line Bolt with a druid and baby dragon with a red, gold, and purple tie dyed background. (iDye poly background, shaving cream bed) (spike it foreground)

Disc 2: Disc Mania Psycho with a Cleveland Browns Brownie with an orange, blue, and purple marbled background. (iDye poly background, shaving creamspike it foreground).

Great colors, cutting, and execution. Beautiful dyes!

A gold line Jade for a local.
Good to see you back on the forum Eky8! Thats a nice lookin Jade. Bet she flies pretty!

For friends that have a daughter on the way. Champion Valk...
image_zpsfc90f4e1.jpg

More to come (after their new owners see them first). ;)

Peace,
-Jeff

Wow just wow. I lurk here and used to dye but the talent here is just amazingly astounding. Proud to be on the same forum with such great artists!

Been wanting to dye this image for a long time. Finally got some time to get it done. This one is for me. It's on a fuzion trespass. Bonus points to anyone who knows where the image is from.
fwklfa.jpg

I upped my game a bit and did the first two ones for a friend and the last one is a 'new' roadrunner I had to put my number on..

Is the QR actually scannable in person? Yes, I tried it, I'm one of those that sees a code and has to scan it.

Here's a few more, now that they are in the hands of their new owners...

Lucid Felon...
image_zpsdc9e1f81.jpg

Moonshine Truth...
image_zpsffe80d80.jpg

Star Boss, for a Disc N Motion club member...
image_zpsd15d0641.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Is the QR actually scannable in person? Yes, I tried it, I'm one of those that sees a code and has to scan it.
It is, but only barely.. the background colour doesn't make it easy for most apps to pick it up (it's just my phone number.. I did my first roadrunner with a regular code128 barcode.. that also just reads my phone number ;))

Nice looking discs! What dyes did you use for the greens and yellow on the A's disc? Thanks.

Keith

The logo was done with some old RIT Lemon Yellow, and a mixture of Idye Poly Green/Yellow for the darker green.

The outer SC dye was done with Pylam dyes. Florescent Yellow and Bright Green.

Peace,
-Jeff

Thanks! This one definitely tested the capabilities of my plotter with the small text! Fresh blade and four attempts at pressure setting before I had a usable stencil! :wall:

Peace,
-Jeff

But how did you do the black lines? :confused: Were those all spun on by hand?

My first multicolored dyes

So here are my first two multicolored ones. The "Kalpa" logo was the first one. Kalpa is a finnish Ice Hockey team owned by three NHL players Sami Kapanen (retired), Kimmo Timonen and Scott Harnell. It's a DD Truth and it had quite deep stamplines so some of the colors leaked due to that. Especially the red one. And the top leak on black was just pure laziness. Double check next time.

Bat-Joker is MVP Shock. Managed to do it better the Kalpa but not perfect. Still had some problems with leaking although minor ones than in the first one. I've seen some really accurate multicolor dyes here. Those have no mixing of colors and so the lines keep sharp. That's my goal.

JLkgeR9l.jpg

Dxpy9qal.jpg

Just a straight up tye dye because it had been a while. And because this disc was stained red from removing the stamp.

Frontline-X Mortar. Idye red, crimson, pink, violet, blue, pylam fuschia, prochem bright red and clear orange.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts