• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work lately, all of you!

I just moved from SC to Birmingham on Monday, played my 99th(Ward) and 100th(Inverness) courses, and am now (kinda) unpacked!

I'm exhausted but will have time this weekend to (finally) post the FULL payout for Okthrowberfest now that everyone has their packages!

Threw one together while I'm working on my Captain Mal one. It's on a Blizz Boss. I have a Mako3 with the same dye on it, considering putting together a whole Jeep bag.

IMG_20141130_220212.jpg

Detail of the design
IMG_20141130_220340.jpg

Randy!

Last weekend I played the first round of a local tournament here.. one of the other players told me, that it looked like the handicap rating from the last round of the summer-part of the same tour hadn't been assigned to me..

resulting in him getting a 4th place since I got a 3rd place due to a really crappy (good?) handicap.. the look on his face was kinda priceless :p

Anyway.. I got a free disc, but to thank him for tip, I offerede to stencil a disc for him.. he chose Randy.

attachment.php

The disc is a.. ehr.. discmania.. something and the plastic is P-line (I think it was)

Attachments

• randy_disc.jpg
    randy_disc.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 331
Great looking disc roggenb3, the colors POP even better on the Hazy Shade's FB page. I was pretty sure that was your work.

Here's my entry, I wish they could have done the inset pic like Bennett did for the glow discs. Hopefully people will read the captions and figure it out.
picture.php

Bottom
picture.php

Last weekend I played the first round of a local tournament here.. one of the other players told me, that it looked like the handicap rating from the last round of the summer-part of the same tour hadn't been assigned to me..

resulting in him getting a 4th place since I got a 3rd place due to a really crappy (good?) handicap.. the look on his face was kinda priceless :p

Anyway.. I got a free disc, but to thank him for tip, I offerede to stencil a disc for him.. he chose Randy.

attachment.php

The disc is a.. ehr.. discmania.. something and the plastic is P-line (I think it was)

Yeah ending 4 again kinda hurts, but serious more happy about my new Randy disc, and not getting a cheated 3 place which I would had felt like. And you play solid mate.

For people who want to know. It is a G-Line PD

My Dyeing for a Cause disc. Fairly happy with it, except Scoobie's tag didn't quite turn out like I wanted.

20141116_113748.jpg

I was tasked with 'whatever pink floyd you think would look cool', so I chose a colorful version of that face from The Wall.

The version of this picture I was using as my guide didn't have the left side of image, so I had to make that side up as I went. I got a bit too color happy - it just doesn't flow as well as the face. :\ One thing I have noticed in the past and you can see in the close up here, is that no matter how black you get something (the black in the mouth was a dip dye that was in dye for 24+ hours), you can still see colors you dye on top of the black if you look close enough.

But nonetheless, I really like this one. The face turned out very well and I like the background.

It makes me want to do some more floyd art.

Attachments

• pic_20141202_180738.jpg
    pic_20141202_180738.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 112
  • pic_20141202_182322.jpg
    pic_20141202_182322.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 53
I was tasked with 'whatever pink floyd you think would look cool', so I chose a colorful version of that face from The Wall.

The version of this picture I was using as my guide didn't have the left side of image, so I had to make that side up as I went. I got a bit too color happy - it just doesn't flow as well as the face. :\ One thing I have noticed in the past and you can see in the close up here, is that no matter how black you get something (the black in the mouth was a dip dye that was in dye for 24+ hours), you can still see colors you dye on top of the black if you look close enough.

But nonetheless, I really like this one. The face turned out very well and I like the background.

It makes me want to do some more floyd art.

DUDE! That is a bad ass dye! :clap:

Now you've inspired me to do some album cover dyeing! I've always wanted to do Rush's "Grace Under Pressure" cover on a disc. (I painted it on a pair of Vans almost 30 years ago!)

I would love to see a step by step on how you do your background colors like that. Did you dye on top of, like the disc in the "noob" thread, or on a bed? I can never seem to get the multiple colors as defined like that. They always seem to bleed into each other.:wall:

Peace,
-Jeff

I would love to see a step by step on how you do your background colors like that. Did you dye on top of, like the disc in the "noob" thread, or on a bed? I can never seem to get the multiple colors as defined like that. They always seem to bleed into each other.:wall:

Peace,
-Jeff

I didn't know I could post in a dead thread by just checking a checkbox, so I answered this in the Cool Dye Combinations Thread, and will continue to use that thread for details of dyes.

I got some pretty religious PM about my dyes today saying " lot of satanic imagery on your dyes, do you think that stuff looks cool? " :doh:

Well yes they look cool. But sorry I don´t design them Discmania etc. logos...I only dye discs. But if you really must know ...What some people might keep satanic...well I find interesting among lots of other things. I happen to like to study and understand cultural phenomenons and religious movements, including christianity but I don´t affiliate any god or religion.

I try to keep my disc golf hobby free of religion and politics. I hope this one person can respect that and won´t bother me anymore with any religious ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts