• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want to let Bennett have all the fun so here's a ESP Crush I did for Clonan. Went kinda vintage looking with the logo, hopefully it won't fade as quickly. Have had some not so good success with light colors on DC plastic.

IMG00558-20120513-0908.jpg

Kurt Cobain for a friend. This was my most extensive use of painting so far.
CIMG8775.jpg
[/IMG]

These are my first dye attempts. Not as fancy as the experts. But I'm happy with what I ended up with.

ObeyDye.jpg

EddieDye.jpg

I don't think I can do too many with a lot of cutting. The Eddie dye was like cutting out a fingerprint and took about 2 hours.

Finally made some time to do some dyes.

Pro Vulcan. I had initially planned to do a "throw long and prosper" dye on this, but I liked this image too much to mes with it.
9GlpG.jpg

Star Archon. First attempt with marbling, should have left it in a bit longer, but it still works. Don't remember where I got this image, but I love MC Escher-style art like this.
K0Xmm.jpg

Blizzard Destroyer. I've had this clockwork idea in my head for a while, finally got it onto a disc
X0Lla.jpg

Blizzard Katana. A remake of one of my early designs. I've almost lost that disc a few times, so glad to have a duplicate.
9WAEy.jpg

Star Sidewinder. Definitely my best dye yet. I created this design and dyed it a couple times last year as trophy discs for the Solstice Showdown tournament at Birch Hill DGC. Those had a ring of text for "1st place Advanced" or whatever. As Birch is my home course, I've wanted to make my own version of it, and realized it would go great with a "midnight sun" marble effect in the background. The marbling worked great, and I couldn't be happier with this disc.
vvtTx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts