• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine aren't even close to the skill of the sweet discs I've seen but I'm having a lot of fun doing this.

Here's my latest...

KeepCalm.jpg

Great work, Stormrider. I've been wondering what to put on my Bliz Katana, mind if I copy that one? I'll give you full credit, of course. :)

Did this for my father-in-law. Champ Beast with Happy Toast version of Where the Wild Things Are...

Hate the "3M" bleeds - even after 10 minutes of hair dryer time trying to prevent them...

ChampBeast.jpg

I'm trying to get into dyeing discs and I know that you need the iDye Poly (Jacquard brand, I think) now instead of rit but I don't know where to get it. :\

I'm only looking for a small amount just to try to dyeing. Could anyone tell me where to get it, online or in store??? Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to get into dyeing discs and I know that you need the iDye Poly (Jacquard brand, I think) now instead of rit but I don't know where to get it. :\

I'm only looking for a small amount just to try to dyeing. Could anyone tell me where to get it, online or in store??? Thanks in advance!

Call your local art supply store. That's where I got mine. The packs are about $3-4 per. I found it on the Jacquard website under the list of distributors.

http://www.jacquardproducts.com/storelocator/index.php?PrId=dyIDY

I did also purchase some rit a while ago but i don't know if it is the old formula or not, how exactly do you tell?

If "ND" is printed on the package/bottle it won't dye a disc. It will be in a stamp that looks like a "best if used by" type of stamping you'd see on canned goods.

Thanks man, came out good. I like how the marble worked out, almost perfect really. I don't know how I got those letters so good using a swivel blade, but hey whatever works!

Finally made some time to do some dyes.

Blizzard Katana. A remake of one of my early designs. I've almost lost that disc a few times, so glad to have a duplicate.
9WAEy.jpg

Star Sidewinder. Definitely my best dye yet. I created this design and dyed it a couple times last year as trophy discs for the Solstice Showdown tournament at Birch Hill DGC. Those had a ring of text for "1st place Advanced" or whatever. As Birch is my home course, I've wanted to make my own version of it, and realized it would go great with a "midnight sun" marble effect in the background. The marbling worked great, and I couldn't be happier with this disc.
vvtTx.jpg

Love both of these! Very cool dyes. The Katana is just awesome and the marbling on the sidewinder looks great!

Another maryland flag set for my friend who relocated to Vagas
62580523.jpg

I'm still new at this so I'm still keeping it simple. Think I gonna try a SC marble sometime soon.
Speaking of marbling, which is easier to do SC or plastic bags?

Last edited:
Didn't want to let Bennett have all the fun so here's a ESP Crush I did for Clonan. Went kinda vintage looking with the logo, hopefully it won't fade as quickly. Have had some not so good success with light colors on DC plastic.

IMG00558-20120513-0908.jpg

this disc will keep your hands clean! :)

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 89
A few recent dyes....

GL Halo - real pleased with the main dye - unfortunately my SC marble was a little runny, so it all kind of blurred together.
7244915302_8ec23c6a39_z.jpg

Champion Ape
7244919292_e2d34b233e_z.jpg

Medium Ion - the candle smoke wasn't as crisp as I hoped for
7244928040_16c8f268aa_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts