• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope so. :)

Ions.jpg

The Danish Postal Service took its time, but they finally arrived. :)

Splooosh!!!! :thmbup:

Latest attempt

I decided to get in the holiday spirit and make disc for Dying for a Cause but, apparently the rigorous scrubbing I gave this brand new Ion before applying the vinyl wasn't rigorous enough? I had hoped to add shading on the teeth in the back of his mouth and some parts of the letters but with the black coming out so spotty I figured it would all start to blend.

Attachments

• Hulk.jpg
    Hulk.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Hulk (2).jpg
    Hulk (2).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 96
Proton is notorious for doing that. I would say applying the stencil you touched the plastic and left oils from your skin on the disc. The Protons pick that up and hold onto it really well, making you dye not want to take. When I dye Proton I wear latex gloves when applying the stencil. Makes for a lot fewer opportunities to grease it up so to speak. Good dye none the less, next time it happens rinse the disc and take a q-tip with plain water and rub the affected areas. Be careful not to lift any vinyl in the process since it is hard to tell and you may get a bleed. That should clear it up and then, like this time you did a black outline, just dip it again to get everything the same color.

Koogs I like the flames, reminds me of a truck I had in High School!

Here's a couple, a Westside King for my bag and a Wraith for a local.

weenWestsideKingsDSC_2586.jpg

lightfusegetawayWraithsDSC_2580.jpg

^^^ I'm actually feeling very conflicted today about being the lucky owner of this disc. Jeff was amazingly great to deal with, generous with his talent and even sent me back part of his fee when he decided not to experiment on one other disc. I hope he gets through his present ordeal, and wish him well. :(

My latest disc dyes

Here are a few of my favorite dyes I've done. All of my dyes are hand-cut.

Attachments

• I heart disc golf.jpg
    I heart disc golf.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Michonne.jpg
    Michonne.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Tribal Lion.jpg
    Tribal Lion.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 153
Some more of my faves

Here are a few more of my favorite dye jobs

Attachments

• Cancer Ribbon.jpg
    Cancer Ribbon.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Yoda.jpg
    Yoda.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Vader.jpg
    Vader.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 127
A few of my older dyes

Here are a few dyes I did last year.

Attachments

• Chief.jpg
    Chief.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Cock.jpg
    Cock.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Pink Skull.jpg
    Pink Skull.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 95
Thanks Stonewall. I think those two and the Yoda are my favorites also. I have quite a few others that I plan on posting soon. Just trying to show my work to fellow discers!

^^^ I'm actually feeling very conflicted today about being the lucky owner of this disc. Jeff was amazingly great to deal with, generous with his talent and even sent me back part of his fee when he decided not to experiment on one other disc. I hope he gets through his present ordeal, and wish him well. :(

Might explain why he was reluctant to unveil some of his techniques. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts