• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing on with the Big Lebowski theme from yesterday, here's one of my first dyes - I ran it too close to the edge and ended up with a bleed on the right side, but I'm still pretty happy with it:

ZjbrtOMl.jpg

Another great Lebowski stencil, where are you coming up with these? I've got a Walter that's like that but not as detailed.

Another great Lebowski stencil, where are you coming up with these? I've got a Walter that's like that but not as detailed.

I was inspired by your 'Mark It Zero' dye, but remade it from scratch with a higher-res source.

I think this doesn't look finished yet. Do you guys think i should do a color over the dino? Possibly Green or an orange?

Evolution Element
ElementTriceratops.jpg

So glad someone finally tried out E plastic :thmbup: I've got a ton of E drivers at home and gateway is super domey with their drivers so they'll brainwave very nicely I think! Nice dye BTW

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

thanks adevuyst! From my experience with dying gateways Evo/hpp i have found all take dye well. But be careful.....Gateways evo seems very inconsistent in the feel and flexibility of the plastic. The evo element with the dino on it is by far my most pliable evo disc. If i wanted i could even fold this disc in half like a taco (not the case with any other of my evo discs....i should also note this evo element was a x-out). What i'm trying to get at is this dye is only about 2.5 weeks old and has already started to bleed further into the plastic. The colors are still vibrant and the marbling looks fine, but i'm loosing sharpness in my black. The small white in the eye and the small white bits on the horns on the side of the face is starting to disappear.....

Two new Dyes that will find there way into the bag

Attachments

• Picture of me 1.jpg
    Picture of me 1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture of me 2.jpg
    Picture of me 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 23
I've retired my old pink TL with george Carlin on it (my first ever dye) and replaced it with this new guy:
SNV14842_zps3085bbc7.jpg

thanks adevuyst! From my experience with dying gateways Evo/hpp i have found all take dye well. But be careful.....Gateways evo seems very inconsistent in the feel and flexibility of the plastic. The evo element with the dino on it is by far my most pliable evo disc. If i wanted i could even fold this disc in half like a taco (not the case with any other of my evo discs....i should also note this evo element was a x-out). What i'm trying to get at is this dye is only about 2.5 weeks old and has already started to bleed further into the plastic. The colors are still vibrant and the marbling looks fine, but i'm loosing sharpness in my black. The small white in the eye and the small white bits on the horns on the side of the face is starting to disappear.....

I know this all too well. I've got an E warrior that's one of my favorite discs and is pretty firm, and I have an E magic that if I threw into a tree, I'd be worried it'd fold in half and come back and hit me in the face. I personally wish the drivers weren't so domey, but it'll make for a nice veiny brainwave.

This really needs to go on a Firebird!

I have a chartreuse Firebird. Anyone want to dye it?

Attachments

• 0005788_400.jpg
    0005788_400.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 47
Dyed this one last night. It's my old Halo 3 emblem.

wvMVwdUl.jpg

You can see the dye on the back showing through. I tried to dye my signature and the name of the disc on the back with a shaving cream mix. It didn't take too well, but that wasn't the biggest problem. Yeah, I put a high voltage symbol and the actual word Volt on it before I realized this was actually an Amp. So this is the result of my attempt to fix my mistake:

HwLOR7Wl.jpg

I just pooled dye in the flight plate and set the disc in hot water so it would dye quickly. The whole thing was pretty sloppy so I played around with trying to get a blood spatter effect on it too.

Might put some blood spatter or even bullet holes on the front next dye session. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts