• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dye #2

Hey everyone! Been following this thread for a long time and finally got around to doing my own. Other than a little bleeding from some seams and my own stupidity by using a sharper on the sticky side of the vinyl as a guide. (Square and "X" pattern on the koi disc) Next time I'm going to use a light table to get it centered better.

Next one is going to be a 6 color. I'll post pic when it's done. Can't wait for the weather to warm up here in WI so I can go throw these out on the course!

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 62
I have been meaning to post a dye:

my attempt at 4 color dye - only 3 colors stuck, yellow wouldn't stick to the already yellowish z plastic.

mARLEEE.jpg

First attempt of a circle dye on a junker disc. Only used one color but happy with results. Gonna try something else when more dye and colors arrive

Sidewinder

I finished a geometric sunflower dye job on a Sidewinder today. This was a mix of several techniques. Hand cut vinyl stencil. Shaving cream dye bed to do the black outer and inner fine lines. Then shaving cream mixed with dye to hand brush onto all the other colors except the yellow. Finally finished up with a refillable marker to do the yellow.

RIT used for all colors except the yellow. Fishing lure bait dye unscented chartreuse used in the refillable marker for the yellow.

Attachments

• Sidewinder finished.jpg
    Sidewinder finished.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I finished a geometric sunflower dye job on a Sidewinder today. This was a mix of several techniques. Hand cut vinyl stencil. Shaving cream dye bed to do the black outer and inner fine lines. Then shaving cream mixed with dye to hand brush onto all the other colors except the yellow. Finally finished up with a refillable marker to do the yellow.

RIT used for all colors except the yellow. Fishing lure bait dye unscented chartreuse used in the refillable marker for the yellow.

Nice work. :clap:

Agreed, very impressive, and a bold design choice to hand-cut. Bravo, hope to see more from you, MClaude!

I think they look great!
Thanks MrFixIt
The lines dip a bit because it was hard to keep the disc centered. But it did work a little better than when I used a computer and regular fan.
It looks good from afar and that's what matters. It's like with the ladies, they'll think I'm a good looking man as long as they don't get too close. :D :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.