• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Nebula try... turned out pretty good aside from missing the bed a bit.

53kOYj6.jpg

It's been a while but I bought some new plastic and after a week of trying it out I decided to add them to my bag so I had to dye them...

I went with a theme on these....

It's been a while but I bought some new plastic and after a week of trying it out I decided to add them to my bag so I had to dye them...
I went with a theme on these....

Are these hand-cut, Fred?

You and Bennett have the steadiest hands...fer cutting, I mean. :D

This is an MVP Proton Volt.

It was my first attempt at dyeing something from a real life picture, so I had to do the step of going from photo to stencil. Its the dog of a guy I play with - her name is Madison. I think it turned out OK - like most times doing somethng new I learned some stuff along the way and would do some things different if I had to do it again, but I like it.

The circular-ish spots are from air bubbles that were on the vinyl when the face was covered for the tyedye - anyone else ever see this? Seems like the vinyl took a shade off, so the air bubbles are darker...:|

Attachments

• 0524141145.jpg
    0524141145.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 0524141227.jpg
    0524141227.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 102
  • madison2.jpg
    madison2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Here are two other ones I did this weekend.

First is a 150 g Star Valykrie a friend found and didn't want.

The second is an Enforcer I got with some tourney funny money. This one is all worm dye, really just bc I hadn't used it in forever :\.

Attachments

• 0526140748.jpg
    0526140748.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 0526141912.jpg
    0526141912.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 108
This is an MVP Proton Volt.

The circular-ish spots are from air bubbles that were on the vinyl when the face was covered for the tyedye - anyone else ever see this? Seems like the vinyl took a shade off, so the air bubbles are darker...:|

Yea, that's exactly what happened. The vinyl sucks some dye off, but under the bubbles, where the vinyl isn't touching the disc, no dye is removed. When I remask, after I smooth out the vinyl as best I can, I go back and pop all the bubbles with my exacto, then smooth out those spots, then cover the holes I made with a small patch.

Thanks for the tip Koogs.

Looks like I am the only one who had nothing better to do over the holiday weekend than play disc and dye discs, so here's another one from the weekend. It's a gold line Saint Pro SC dye.

Attachments

• saintpro.jpg
    saintpro.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 63
Yea, that's exactly what happened. The vinyl sucks some dye off, but under the bubbles, where the vinyl isn't touching the disc, no dye is removed. When I remask, after I smooth out the vinyl as best I can, I go back and pop all the bubbles with my exacto, then smooth out those spots, then cover the holes I made with a small patch.

Yep, gotta do everything you can to get rid of them bubbles! If it can be avoided don't do a complete remask. Sometimes you can cut the vinyl a little larger than needed and being really really careful, you can keep from having any bubbles at all, and here's an example :D

tardissDSC_6842_zpsd2416703.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.