• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
20150622_165541_zpsusseyynu.jpg

My second attempt at a minion. Calling him Dave. This one came out better. Still can't get silver right so used sharpie.

Missing too many days! So, a very new, inexperienced dyer will weigh in with some early SC dyes... Stencils coming soon!

Left to Right: Prodigy F5, Prodigy D2, Prodigy D4. All 400S plastic.
I33e57D.jpg

Missing too many days! So, a very new, inexperienced dyer will weigh in with some early SC dyes... Stencils coming soon!

Left to Right: Prodigy F5, Prodigy D2, Prodigy D4. All 400S plastic.
I33e57D.jpg

Nice vibrant colors on that 400 plastic. How long did you let them sit? I've had 0 luck with sc dyes on champ type plastic.

I'm new at dying discs. Looking to talk shop, share, and engage in constructive dialogue. These forums, and their contributors have made it possible for me to access materials and techniques that would not have otherwise revealed themselves to me and I would like to contribute to the community I've been stalking and stealing secrets from.
I apologize preemptively for a lengthy posting, I have several images to share.
All images are unedited, taken in sunlight on white paper.

first attempt, starlite f2 tern (As the world Terns)
photostream

First shaving cream attempt, wiped local tourney stamped boss from PIAS used
photostream

second shaving creme attempt another f2 starlite
photostream

f2 starlite
photostream

f2 starlite
photostream

This one is blizzard f2
photostream

let the gf do this one. starlite f2
photostream

another blizzard
photostream

re-dyed a this, previously sunbleached to beige, champion for a friend
photostream

[Edit] I'm also new at posting photos, I'm able to open a tab in a new window to get to my links though, not able to simple click them. Hope it works for others

Last edited:
YOR, that is one of the best looking Elmer's dyes I've seen. Very nice.

For the three SC dyes I posted, they sat for 1 hour flat in iDye. I mixed appx 4 oz of SC, 1 oz Acetone, and eyeballed how much powder to mix in to get the shade I wanted.

The D2 is my main driver. A bit domier than most D2s, so, it's not quite as overstable and has massive glide. I was very happy with how that turned out - being my main thrower. I finally got some decent vinyl so I'd love to add a stencil, but, worry about screwing with a good thing!

I'm new at dying discs. Looking to talk shop, share, and engage in constructive dialogue. These forums, and their contributors have made it possible for me to access materials and techniques that would not have otherwise revealed themselves to me and I would like to contribute to the community I've been stalking and stealing secrets from.
I apologize preemptively for a lengthy posting, I have several images to share.
All images are unedited, taken in sunlight on white paper.

f2 starlite
18542263094_20ba5d21e1_b.jpg

let the gf do this one. starlite f2
19164793735_9927edc551_b.jpg

[Edit] I'm also new at posting photos, I'm able to open a tab in a new window to get to my links though, not able to simple click them. Hope it works for others

I really enjoy these two. The pink is so bubble gummy! I like it. What dye did you use?

Flickr has trouble linking images since it's a proprietary host. I prefer imgur for easy linking on BBS. However, with Flickr, if you view the page source code for your image, line 72 will have the actual hyperlink for the image. (as posted above)

Cheers!

I'm using a combination of spike it. (Chartruese and pink) and I dye poly (blue). Every other color is a mixture of those 3 primaries

I need to get some Spike It. I've seen a few dye jobs from them that make up for some of the lack-luster iDyes. (pink and green mainly)

bCozRdj

First try color came out good, i slid it a bit putting it into tge bed, and could use some thinner lines of dye..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts