• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that black keys dye is insane! I also dig the arrogant bastard dye....i love stone brewery.

here is my first 2 color...had to do something with this 11x fb..really easy to lose heh. not that exciting..but check it out

11xfb.jpg

Last edited:
The guy I did the Keys disc for loved it.... sooooo..... at the end of the day it was a success, bleeds be damned :hfive:. Thanks to all for the encouraging comments.

Come on spring.....while we're young.

These are my first dyes.... in order from oldest to most recent. Be gentle I'm still using painters tape and contact paper.. haha

IMG_2268.jpg

175g Champ Orc - Used a jack-o-lantern stencil.. ha (The dark spots are from weathering .. this was a found disc..no name obviously.) Tons of bleeding but I think it actually looks cool like that

IMG_2281-1.jpg

169g Star Dart - I tried to marble it.. it did something! Im thinking about putting an image in the middle of all that, I just don't know what.

IMG_2285.jpg

174g San Marino Roc - Obviously trying to make it look like a record.

IMG_2289.jpg

171g TL - for my cat Thomas.. He goes disc'ing with me in the warmer months in his cargo carrier and/or on his leash and harness.. I'm an awesome cat dad.

IMG_2283.jpg

175g Star Eagle-X - Rebel Alliance Eagle!

I need to find some Oracle 651 and transfer tape around here. Although I'm actually really stoked about my dye's, I think they could be better! I'm a musician with NO VISUAL ARTISTIC ABILITY so being able to make something that looks cool is really exciting to me! Im glad I found this thread!

NICE WORK, Barkbuster!
Welcome to the addiction :D
Really great for just contact paper, really great stuff period, the record is very cool and unique. Great Rebel Alliance dye, great first marbling.

"...i have the memo right here in my hands. the problem wasn't that i didn't know about it, just that i forgot...and they haven't even gone out yet, so it's not a big problem."

"...eee-yeaaahhhhh"

NICE WORK, Barkbuster!
Welcome to the addiction :D
Really great for just contact paper, really great stuff period, the record is very cool and unique. Great Rebel Alliance dye, great first marbling.

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Im going to try to hold off on more dyes until I get better materials I think.

I think I will try to do the free vinyl thing!

Two cuts, by hand. Lots of time to do something you all do in your sleep. But, I only do a couple here and there.

Attachments

• IMG_5473.JPG
    IMG_5473.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 108
Arrogant Bastard Cryztal Z Buzzz
picture.php

YEAH! Arrogant Bastard?

I've started collecting beer-stamped discs. So far I have a Cyclone with a Bells stamp, a Predator with a 1554 New Belgium stamp. And a Stalker with a Sierra Nevada stamp.

For fun, here are my first couple of attempts. The star one has been my "playground" where I've tested various things before screwing up something else. It started with an attempt at masking with contact paper and dying with acetone and rit. The contact paper shrivelled massively and you can see the resulting bleeds. Later I was curiuos about the effects of dying a lighter color after a darker one without remasking. Turns out that while the net effect is not much, it's relatively significant if there is an adjacent masked section...as you can see where the orange ring was applied over the blue star.

The second one was my first attempt at a handcut mask...results speak for themselves. Not great. Here is also where I learned that a short dip in red doesn't exactly equal pink. Also learned what bubbles can do if I'm not paying enough attention.

Again, this is mainly just to share my screwups, in hopes that someone else can avoid these mistakes without making them themselves....as embarassing as they are to make public :).

picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.