• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may have killed Bennett with my last order.

4 of these for me and my buddies at the office with our professional engineering stamps. Haven't heard from him in a while. Beginning to fear for his safety*.

IMG_20110310_193154-1.jpg

*Obviously that is a joke, but if he's not cross-eyed by now, I'd be surprised!

For anyone who has been dreaming of their own plotter, leftyone has a nice 12" on the marketplace just used for a few months, at a pretty good price!
it'd be great for any of your discing needs!

I think I may have killed Bennett with my last order.

4 of these for me and my buddies at the office with our professional engineering stamps. Haven't heard from him in a while. Beginning to fear for his safety*.

IMG_20110310_193154-1.jpg

*Obviously that is a joke, but if he's not cross-eyed by now, I'd be surprised!
The weeding was an excercise in patience and repetition. All those small lines alllllll the way around, TWICE!(outside circle border, inside "chain"-type ring) Easily a few hours on each disc weeding.
I completely finished dyeing three of the four last night, and am working tonight on the only one that gets color other than black. A chore to weed, a chore to remove all those little pieces of vinyl, but they sure look great! You're gonna love em!

Dan if that is a soft Ion and you ever want to get rid of it, I'm from KC and would love to have it.

thought i had sent you a pm but guess not... sry that is a medium Ion, if you want a soft i could do it for ya, I think, in a couple of months. For now you oughta ask one of the guild dyers cuz' they'll do an excellant job on it, i'll happily send 'em the artwork.

Iberian I'll have discs at Wyco.

solomon -- The faded letters are their names and an ID number.
I enjoyed doing this, but I am THOROUGHLY GLAD to be finished! All that weeding, so many tiny pieces of vinyl....and then having to take it all off once they were dyed....the mess of vinyl pieces everywhere was epic!
Enjoy Chris!
5548555661_542ccbe9b7_b.jpg

disc #5 discraft flash! Orange.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, but it's nothing fancy! ...This girl goes cheap for D.I.Y., no dry erase markers, no vynil, good ol' $3 contac paper, $1 util knife & rit.

This purple RIT is going to last a lifetime, and at 6-8 cups dilution it takes about 6-12 minutes a layer now... Heres the latest one

attachment.php

I threw this disc a few times after only throwing it once before, so interesting!!!

Attachments

• DSC00577.jpg
    DSC00577.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 358
fox_wolf_rzd2.jpg

Used XS Zplastic... I blame a fairly good nick in the one spot causing it to bleed, not sure what sucked more, the weeding before or the removing all the heated on pieces after.. it's a good thing I liked this design as my vinyl guy sent me with 4 of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts