• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow.. theres actually a real artist around here now

those are beautiful - how did you do the texture on yoda's robe and the tress? airbrush or marbling?

Thanks Koogs. That's downright creepy. Even more so considering it's origin.

Hey you've got one in your collection, I'm assuming it's a Beast or Monster. Black dye on a blue disc, somehow you got a hair effect. How'd you do that?

After I weeded the main body of the beast, I took my exacto and pulled it from the body outwards (about a thousand times, I think), making fine cuts. After the first dip, I didn't think I was getting enough hair effect, so I went over the cuts again, opening them up a little more. And yes, it's a beast on a beast.

Yodas robe was done using just Brown Rit. painting on diff areas one at a time. Timing the ye time to get just the right colors I wanted for that area. All of the dark Blues were done doing the same thing. The trees in the background were actually done using the Royal Blue, but timed it right to get the purple color needed. Its all about timing for me with my multicolors

Hey Koogs, where is this Beast dye? would love to see it.

I am working on a poker dogs dye and may need some tips on gettin hair just right

I always dip the black first and any other dark color. The rest I paint on and take my time to get the color just right on those

2 yes I did 10+ colors on:

Picture001-1.jpg

horrordisc.jpg

Hey Koogs, where is this Beast dye? would love to see it.

I am working on a poker dogs dye and may need some tips on gettin hair just right

You can find it in my album. The link is in my sig.

Ah now I remember seeing your work. :) I followed a link from ChUcK once to the Oregon disc golfer website. (Or some such thing.) Your work is gorgeous. :hfive: I'm going to have to look at your newer stuff. I am actually using a similar process now. But I'm not as refined as you yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts