• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one for my son's bag. Star Aviar
DayoftheDeadStarAviar.jpg

Thanks, Will.
Doupie and Longliveguitar welcome to the family! ;) You two can work out amongst yourselves how to spit up lawn duty. But this will only work if I get to claim you both on my taxes.

thanks, Hyzer's... and back at ya.... I dig the soft background on the Marley. I do the shading with just a little bit of powder in some acetone and 'dry brush' watercolor technique. I've found the black powder to sometimes come out anywhere from 'rust' color to brownish so I usually mix in some navy blue powder to get a more true black.

Sephiroth,Zack and Cloud

Huge final fantasy fan, especially this one...(VII) Shame the artwork looks like something out of a kingdom hearts game....either way though: :hfive:

Lol. I thought about going with some original screenshot art, but I would have had to cut, like, 3 polygons, and dip, like, 3 colors. :p

Ahhh you beat me to the super grover. Its been in my stencil folder for awhile now. Nice marble.

One suggestion for you....If your going to do a black (in this case blue) outline of your stencil try doing it with thicker lines like in tattoos. this will make your dye pop out a little more and helps to define overlapping similar colors better (like the knees and mouth)

Ahhh you beat me to the super grover. Its been in my stencil folder for awhile now. Nice marble.

One suggestion for you....If your going to do a black (in this case blue) outline of your stencil try doing it with thicker lines like in tattoos. this will make your dye pop out a little more and helps to define overlapping similar colors better (like the knees and mouth)

Thanks. I cut it once with thicker lines using pliers with two blades but had some issues with it so I started over. I was hoping the single blade cut would give enough of an outline but it didn't work as well as I had hoped. Some sections didn't show up at all unfortunately.

Finally tried my hand at the SC method. This is the first attempt and I'm pleased. I still need to figure out how to keep the colors from blending so much. It's a 180 mako, which I don't throw, that's why I tested on it. Thanks to the innovators for this awesome technique.

Attachments

• Sc dyed mako-1.jpg
    Sc dyed mako-1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 93
Finally tried my hand at the SC method. This is the first attempt and I'm pleased. I still need to figure out how to keep the colors from blending so much. It's a 180 mako, which I don't throw, that's why I tested on it. Thanks to the innovators for this awesome technique.

Make the colored shaving cream thicker, that has worked for me. Might also work if the shaving cream bed is thicker. The more fluid the parts are, the more they will blend is my experience - which also seems quite logical. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.