• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
too bad thats a groove:p

Haha, fo sho.

I like to leave the stamps on the disc if I think it will add aesthetic value. Here's one where I took off all the Jesper Lundmark/description parts of the stamp but left "Striker" still on there. The blue lettering is the hotstamp, not dye. I also cut a really thin border around it so as the stamp wears off a black dyed outline will still be there.

P1014844.jpg

It doesn't take dye and I leave it uncovered. A still-new stamp will mask the dye pretty much as well as vinyl does.

that is a badass striker. i love how you left the name. makes it look like a movie poster or something for the movie "Striker"

Here's on by the man ChUcKyZ. It's titled "(That shot gave me a)DISC GOLF BONER" Thanks, man!!!

P1015236.jpg

That Striker dye is in my top 5, I remember seeing that for the first time, I was FLOORED.

Here's one for Friday!

4574880269_7c7f846134_o.png

Is that a disc he's twirling with his cane? Even a blind squirrel...

The splatter is RIT and Acetone then I masked and dipped.

Attachments

• KatanaFIL.jpg
    KatanaFIL.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 178
The splatter is RIT and Acetone then I masked and dipped.

Oh man that's a good one! That looks just like a blood splatter from a vicious samurai kill.

side note, I recommend for future dyes (with that same technique) to do the masking and blackening first. The vinyl seems like it pulls some dye out of the plastic when a mask is applied after a first color. For all I know it's dye that's going to wear off soon anyways, but it never hurts to try to maximize richness in all your colors.

My first 6+ color dye, skin got messed up.
available in marketplace under "support my hobby"
self plug, i am ashamed.

Attachments

• 100_1917.jpg
    100_1917.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 117
Is that a disc he's twirling with his cane? Even a blind squirrel...

That's exactly how they came up with the name :D

Totally wicked disc shop, new and used plastic, PLUS a brewery, and it's a dry county, so they can't sell it to you, they just give it to you! Great people there, my favorite disc golf getaway locale.

4575478992_dea3e0a7f5_o.jpg

4575476652_2ae620748b_o.png

Wow. That looks suspiciously like art. Is that with dye dissolved in acetone or similar?

I can feel the utter anguish of the subject, and the color tone of the entire disc with the watercolor fading effects helps bring this about.

I can also feel the utter anguish of knowing that I could never accomplish something like that.

F'in Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.