• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never use hot water because it can blur the image right after coming out of the dip. Always use cold water and a lot of people will place the disc in the freezer afterwards to help set the image and possibly slow down the blurring process.
Not actually bad if you read what txdgboy does, and logically hot water is no different from hot dye during his process

that...AND youll stain your sink...AND youll have adhesive residue bonded to the disc.
hot water does actually loosen the adhesive, and I know its damn hard to stain a stainless steel sink.. maybe if you have one of those plasticy white ones though

agreed it is good to cool the disc afterwards - I prefer the fridge though, don't want to subject it to too many extreme temps

fricken awesome stained glass disc! looks like a fun one to design too
can't wait til I have another blank opto :p

super cool man!!! very nice.

When I remove all the "stick icky" to reveal the finish product -- well before I reveal the finish product -- I run the water in the kitchen sink as hot as I can get it and just let the water run over the top of the disc AND vinyl before I peel the vinyl back. It really loosens up the adhesive on the vinyl PLUS+++ it really helps remove any excess dye that may still be on the disc.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

As soon as I removed it from the dye I stuck it under the coldest of cold tap water. I let it run under that for maybe 5 minutes. I then warmed the water to maybe room temp or a few degrees above and then pulled a few sqares, then ran water again, removed a few more and repeat. As soon as I completed the pulls I put it in the fridge for maybe an hour, took it out to take a picture then stuck it back in the freezer for the night. Removed it this morning to go throw 36 hoes with it. It threw as nice as it looks.

I'm super happy with my product and can't wait for tomorrows rounds! Oh, it's back in the fridge tonight. I'd rather over cool it then not I guess if it matters.

Super Star on my new Flow! Too bad I can't make it blink different colors and play music when I grab it outta my bag...

IMAG0086.jpg

Made the general star area just a shade or two too dark

Status
Not open for further replies.