• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
brain_fart.jpg

That will be great for my clear gateway apache with these tomhawks. Can u send me copy of that tomhawks. Thanks man.

Star TeeBird. Daughter hand drew the logo:thmbup:

Attachments

• STAR TEEBIRD.jpg
    STAR TEEBIRD.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 30
got the itch tonight

the first one is a GL core with navy marble
second one is a star gator with red marble
last one is a beat to hell champ banshee with red and navy marble

Attachments

• CORE.jpg
    CORE.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 100
  • gator.jpg
    gator.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 78
  • banshee.jpg
    banshee.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 85
How the heck do you get that marble affect?

you take 3-4 plastic gracoery bags and wrinkle them up and put them in a pan. Then you pour your heated dye on top of them all around the pan (very slowly). slowly put the disc face down and place a weight on top of it. I use a medium yankee candle in the center of the disc. I normally let it sit for 10-15 minutes. you can put it in as many times as you want but just remember to mix the bags around before redipping or dedoing another disc. a fork works great

the more you adjust the disc (rotating it or changing location or amount of pressure), the softer your marbling effect will be.

if you want to capture bubbles with lots of positive/negative contrast, dont adjust the disc or the weight at all.;)

A few dyes that actually turned out the way i wanted them to. lol.

Attachments

• mms_picture_1.jpg
    mms_picture_1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 137
  • mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 164851_480855294063_634969063_6092347_6106350_n.jpg
    164851_480855294063_634969063_6092347_6106350_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 114
You should do a few more Pokemon for your own bag....and a pokeball mini :D I was thinking about doin a pokemon disc or two :thmbup: (I got bored and picked up the newer DS version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts