• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I got tired of that, too. I ended up going back to Oracal. But your bleeds are pretty minor there and you gotta look pretty hard to see them. That's a great dye. :thmbup:

That's because you guys keep getting the stuff with air channels! IJ46-20 is what I've been using ever since I started. It's also more pliable than oracal, so it does curves/edges better. The oracal samples I had are too plasticky to me.

Still using shelf liner: Magic Cover. Your knives must be sharp, but it stretches and lays down enough that you can be confident about bleeds and islands. Sorry, OT.

I mean, doesn't anybody read before they order the 3m Vinyl? "with an invisible pattern and improved air release" combined with "FAMOUS 3M BLEED" doesn't scream at you? I don't like the stiffness in oracal because any wrinkles can't be smoothed out. I dunno, I've only had the tiny sample sheets, so I can't really tell...I need to get ahold of some bigger pieces to try it I guess..

My first dye job. Went with a Bassnectar logo. Definitely need to work on my free hand curves.

Thanks to everyone for posting all the info on here about how to dye disc.

Attachments

• IPhone Pics.jpg
    IPhone Pics.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 31
The Coast Guard one for Mprii. It took a while longer than anticipated - damn real life stuff anyways! I wanted the marbling to be heart shaped, but my mix was just a little too runny to hold its shape.
Kite.jpg

I plan on doing it again after the holidays with a good disc and some actual full sheets of vinyl. I'm at the bottom of the barrel as far as dyeable discs and supplies go. I'd like to do some dyes in the individual pieces as well.

Here's one more. A star leopard. Dying a few for a tournament this weekend and a few for Secret Santa on another site. Gonna keep that dye pan busy. :)
2cy4faq.jpg

Here's one more. A star leopard. Dying a few for a tournament this weekend and a few for Secret Santa on another site. Gonna keep that dye pan busy. :)
2cy4faq.jpg

That's nice. Are you supposed to guess how many animals are represented there??

Bullet Bill for a friend. The disc was a little scuffed and a scratch caused the bleed on the "M". That's the last time I do straight lettering. :wall: It looks better outdoors, where you can see the different shades of black.
CIMG8638.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts