• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Yes, she broke her Prodigy contract. Technically she wasn't under contract when she signed with DD. I don't have a lot of other details beyond that. But, I confirmed that.

And amicable is a funny word. DD didn't want her to leave. PP wanted to leave. She was not under an official signed contract, just a verbal agreement. It does neither side any good to make a public stink.

Initially, I didn't like Paige bringing up the "loyalty" factor in her video because it seemed like there was a contract that didn't have an opt-out option for the player. If it was an informal statement of support, I find that rather odd that both DD and Paige would have that given she is the best overall FPO player. :doh:

Initially, I didn't like Paige bringing up the "loyalty" factor in her video because it seemed like there was a contract that didn't have an opt-out option for the player. If it was an informal statement of support, I find that rather odd that both DD and Paige would have that given she is the best overall FPO player. :doh:

Makes you wonder what a DD "signing" announcement really means ...

I mean, you have to fault both sides. That means that Paige just trusted whatever DD said they were going to provide her. It was a trust issue on both sides of the table. I think there was a lesson learned on both sides hopefully.

Spot on. Could have been that DD agreed to let her shop herself around knowing they couldn't give her what she ultimately was going to get. Also could be that they were simply too trusting of her and got it square in the back.

Spot on. Could have been that DD agreed to let her shop herself around knowing they couldn't give her what she ultimately was going to get. Also could be that they were simply too trusting of her and got it square in the back.

38d21c70a033ef2632e73778385c1010.jpg

I mean, you have to fault both sides. That means that Paige just trusted whatever DD said they were going to provide her. It was a trust issue on both sides of the table. I think there was a lesson learned on both sides hopefully.

Living out of a van, trying various youtube ventures (traveling all over (Disc Golf Tourist series)), helping out with dg photography, finding time to practice, touring, etc. If I was a betting man, I'd say the 30s are knocking and they want financial security and DD wasn't able to provide that for her. Seems like DC is willing to put up the financial risk, I believe DD was quoted as saying they couldn't afford Paul McBeth, maybe it's the same way with Paige, and DC offered her a deal she couldn't refuse.

Fun that Hailey King has the Undertaker as her tour series disc. . .i think she said in the last "Discraft Underground Bag check" that she had never thrown an Undertaker

NP is in a relationship with AL and PP is friends with both. Rumors, gossip, etc, abound.

Latest posts