• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

How do these feel compared to classic and or fuzion? They look sick
Posted this in the OG Moonshine Judge thread...

Little necro bump, but I'm loving my Lucid Judge. It's pretty much become my most used putter for approaches and putting duties. The feel is awesome and as it's broken in a bit it's become even better. Tacky and not too firm, but not soft either (if that makes sense). It's also taken it's share of abuse and has shown very little wear, outside of how it feels. Pretty impressive for a 'Blizzard' type disc. As for the flight, it has a little less fade than my Classic's, but when driving it, it's still very HSS. Very straight, but more workable on lines than the Classic's or the Fuzion Judges I have.

Can't wait until they make these in standard runs!
Very excited to check out and compare the standard Lucid against the Moonshine.

That's the disc of the year edition. Only a few hundred made. Pretty nice collectible in my opinion.

How do these feel compared to classic and or fuzion? They look sick

Oh I don't know. Like sugarnot said they just got them on the container that arrived today. If they don't have some to test throw at the Monkey Island Open this weekend I'll stop by the next week and see if they have any in the shop to look at. They'll probably be on the shelf or ready to buy in store a few days before 4/1/2014 which is the online release it seems. I would say similar to the opto pure but like a judge you know. Probably not as much dome as the fuzion but not as flat as the classic first runs.

Emac did post that he threw one a bit outside and it's a really windy day here. Probably steady about 15-20 with gusts up to 30. He said it held up nice and kept a good line. I'm interested in colors, and which ones might possibly be opaque. ;) You can believe I'll get my hands on a couple ASAP and find my gems.

Got a moonshine to actually throw in a trade from a member here. I've thrown it some and it's nice but I still like my dyemax fuzion. It may just be that I have it beat in to straight or that it fits my hand perfect or the confidence but I park it on upshots a lot.

Sad note, I lost my original "record" gray first run classic judge. The one I torture tested and used over a year. It was beat up and had no fade left to it. A mongoloid walked in front of my shot on hole 11 peter pan and I tried to pull up short but it grip locked and released right with extra snap and sailed long. Only about five feet in but it's a spot that is impossible to retrieve unless you go in. I don't do that there anymore I cut my foot and it got infected last time, no disc is worth duck poop hepatitis. I'm still devastated. I have a ton of judges but none of them were like it. I have two new ones the same but they aren't beat up over a year of rounds. Crushed.

On a happy note I have some stock stamp lucids and will be going out to throw them in the next couple days and report back here but not too long before the 4/1 online release. I'll post a picture a day or so before but one of them makes even that fuschia that Emac took a pic of look basic. It's sick I'll probably commit to never throwing it.

Tried the Blend Judge today for approaches, I love it and bagged it right away. Blend has the best feel for me in the Classic line but I'm a bit worried about how quickly it wears. Got to try Lucid Judge when they get released over here, I really like that plastic too.

Got a blend in the mail today from Marshal St. can't wait to throw it. As soon as this NY snow melts...

Now that we have lucid judges, can we get some production Bio, Lucid, or Fusion Wardens up in here?

Now that we have lucid judges, can we get some production Bio, Lucid, or Fusion Wardens up in here?

Lucid wardens exist already in small numbers. I heard a few got sold off one of the DD RVs. They'll be out in production and mass numbers sometime this summer, May june july perhaps. Fuzion wardens have been available at least a month in dyemax and I assume a production run will eventually be done just like the judge but it might take time. Remember it's three companies with a lot of releases and they have the trilogy challenge this summer which is hundreds of events and three unreleased discs. That's probably taking a lot of time and I know the mid and driver for that is in the recycled/bio blend so that might mean not enough to go around for other molds just yet. There aren't bio judges and I don't know if there will be but maybe one day in both judge and warden. :thmbup:

^Nice! I forgot about Dyemax Fusions, might need to look at one.

^Nice! I forgot about Dyemax Fusions, might need to look at one.

There is a fundraiser dyemax design for Ron Convers Jr. that is really helpful and is a wind chart for how to best throw in all wind conditions and directions. I really should get one on a disc but it would need to be one I always have in the bag and wouldn't lose, like a putter, but I already have a lot of dyemax judges so I haven't. If you're going to get a dyemax warden though and don't have a preference for design it's something that might help you out. You can always pull it out during a round and reference how to throw in the wind and then take your shot.

https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Ron-Convers-Jr-Mastering-The-Wind-DyeMax-p/3115.htm

3115-2.jpg

Last edited:
Ha that's awesome! Will definitely look into one, just gotta raise some money.

Lucid judge is coming to www.dynamicdiscs.net a little bit earlier. Look for it around 11pm central on March 28th and other retailers on April 1st. I'll drop some pics and my opinion on flight that day, I was asked to wait so I will abide by that.

That fundraiser dyemax design for Ron Convers Jr. is really neat.It would be a very good learning tool for some one to have in the bag or as you mentioned to help remind you of certain situations. I'm a Judge fan and that stamp is very tempting to get.

The Lucid Judge excites me though. Can't wait for this release.

yea i picked up one....will be getting more....opto pures are on the back burner now

So it's been a few days and they moved up release on DD to the 28th and there are pics now going around instagram and facebook so it's probably fine I share a few here now. I may take some profile ones tomorrow.

Here's the cool wine red with sparkly oil slick type stamp. Purty.

21epa9w.jpg

The opaque dayglo that I did a partial stamp wipe on that is going in the bag. I'll use it instead of my beat fuzion dyemax for now. If I can't get the same shots and confidence I have with it I'll go back to Don Gato the dyemax.

33k99ch.jpg

also got a nice bag backup one that is translucent orange with black stamp. For halloween rounds.

The lucid judge is pretty beefy. I was throwing them into a headwind at 90% and they'd flip slightly, but come back pretty hard. It's probably my favorite putter for driving right now.

How is the lucid stability wise compared to a fresh soft judge?

yeah what he said. Little bit more OS than the fuzion. Both of those being more than the moonshine lucid for me then probably the GBO fuzion, classic, blend, then soft. So I'd say the opposite end of the judge spectrum I've found the soft when new to be the least overstable in flight.

Perfect I have been wanting a more overstable judge! Are these domey like the fusions or still pretty flat?