• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh, why did those video bros have to be from Kansas. It's western Kansas though has to be. Congrats on your win, wish you success the rest of the year.

Congratulations on the win Paul.

You always seem to perform best on Sunday... Do you have ice in your veins?

Another stellar performance on Sunday to pull out the win. The way I worded my question was facetious, but I am intrigued. You always seem to perform best the last day of a tournament.

Do you take a different approach on Sunday, whether it be mental or physical? Are you just more familiar/adapted to the course or courses you are playing and thus willing to try out local routes or riskier routes? Or is it an innate part of your personality, do you have that gamer/clutch gene?

nice win iceman. although today i was pulling for *devan to hold on to the lead and possible victory, we all know on sunday you seem to find another gear to shift into. i can imagine on the tour that when you're in the hunt going into sunday that your competition knows that no lead is safe. kinda like old school tiger woods.

question: when you have a great lefty playing in your group, like devan, and you see him taking his lefty backhand routes to the basket, do you ever consider taking his route/line instead? (of course as a sidearm shot)

*to a lot of guys on the forum that do not know much about about devan i gotta say he is one stand up guy. very hard worker and serious about the game. i've worked/talked a lot with him in the past on designs/graphic art and i'm hella picky about who i work with.

Paul, you are a sick individual on the golf course. I love it! Congrats again on your win. Pulling for you as usual

skipping the NT last weekend so he could arrive to Denmark early to prep for a Major seems to be working out well so far for him.

The trick is getting a local to pick you up at the airport and show you around the course a week before to get some tips and tricks. :)

I walked my home course with the World Champion late last Saturday evening. Just a couple of putters each. We had it all to ourselves. Maybe 3 other people on the course - who had no idea who he was. Quite unreal experience, looking back at it. :)

And when I say "tips and tricks", I mean "standing in awe, thinking 'I guess you could throw a putter here - if I could get it out to 330 feet'".

Whats more important: Paul is a super nice guy. For a guy who has more than ample accomplishments to back it up, there is not a hint of entitlement or pretention. He is a credit to the sport and to his sponsors.

Didnt really dig into it much, but at a glance it looks as if youre being dragged into a cry session about baskets or something on the twittersphere. Care to elaborate? Im interested in yourthoughts on current baskets

Having only seen Paul in person and watching his video courtesy of Spin Tv? He seems like not only a world class elite disc golfer, but a very grounded and focused individual with his head on straight and quite the ambassador to our sport. I only hope I get the chance to shake his at the DGLO this year. Keep doing what your doing and continue to dominate all year!

The trick is getting a local to pick you up at the airport and show you around the course a week before to get some tips and tricks. :)

I walked my home course with the World Champion late last Saturday evening. Just a couple of putters each. We had it all to ourselves. Maybe 3 other people on the course - who had no idea who he was. Quite unreal experience, looking back at it. :)

And when I say "tips and tricks", I mean "standing in awe, thinking 'I guess you could throw a putter here - if I could get it out to 330 feet'".

Whats more important: Paul is a super nice guy. For a guy who has more than ample accomplishments to back it up, there is not a hint of entitlement or pretention. He is a credit to the sport and to his sponsors.

My very first post on this website was on this thread. Paul never responded.

tumblr_m6m3t5m8Kh1qb645mo1_1280.jpg

I didn't bother sifting through the 250+ pages of posts to see if this was asked, but what do you think of your fellow competitors?

Who do/don't you get along with?

Which of your competitors is pushing you to perform at higher levels?

What do you think of the recent shake-up in sponsors, and new players to the game such as the Lat64/WS/DD team?

What part of your game do you think you could still improve upon? (don't say "mental", because thats what everyone needs to work on haha)

Who is the biggest party animal on tour?

all my competitors are great players all they can win on any given weekend.

I get along with most but a handful seem to carry themselves like they are bigger than disc golf

I would say myself, I feel like I didn't play well in Denmark yet still won so I'm here in IA practicing even harder

They all want to get paid, some think that new sponsors will pay more so i guess the pieces will fall into place soon enough (or not)

Another stellar performance on Sunday to pull out the win. The way I worded my question was facetious, but I am intrigued. You always seem to perform best the last day of a tournament.

Do you take a different approach on Sunday, whether it be mental or physical? Are you just more familiar/adapted to the course or courses you are playing and thus willing to try out local routes or riskier routes? Or is it an innate part of your personality, do you have that gamer/clutch gene?

Mentally i think it's a bit different but physically it's the same. I take the same lines i have been all week but i think it's more just having that added pressure that makes me excel

nice win iceman. although today i was pulling for *devan to hold on to the lead and possible victory, we all know on sunday you seem to find another gear to shift into. i can imagine on the tour that when you're in the hunt going into sunday that your competition knows that no lead is safe. kinda like old school tiger woods.

question: when you have a great lefty playing in your group, like devan, and you see him taking his lefty backhand routes to the basket, do you ever consider taking his route/line instead? (of course as a sidearm shot)

*to a lot of guys on the forum that do not know much about about devan i gotta say he is one stand up guy. very hard worker and serious about the game. i've worked/talked a lot with him in the past on designs/graphic art and i'm hella picky about who i work with.

No because thats not what i practiced, He was throwing some lines that myself nor any right could throw on that course which were pretty impressive. Devan is a great player and a great sport on the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts