• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Paul

Just finally got into rocs. Have a couple roc3s and dx ones. Broke my understable one in cold weather. Is there a way to break in dx plastic faster or you've just gotta put them through normal use?

Also I always hear 'Dx has more glide' when would more/less glide be better? Is it something to do with uphill/downhill or even wind conditions?

Thanks!

Paul, can you share anything on the newly PDGA approved Discmania MD3? Jussi mentioned on facebook that you tested it.

yes its flys like a stable roc but beadless and in great plastic. Its going to fill that slot between my Roc3 and Gator

Hi Paul

Just finally got into rocs. Have a couple roc3s and dx ones. Broke my understable one in cold weather. Is there a way to break in dx plastic faster or you've just gotta put them through normal use?

Also I always hear 'Dx has more glide' when would more/less glide be better? Is it something to do with uphill/downhill or even wind conditions?

Thanks!

throw it more than you normally would. throw it off all 18 tees and for upshots just need to throw it more to get it to where you want.

DX plastic has rumors of more glide but in order to take advantage of that you need to be able to get the height on them to allow them to glide. low ceiling shots a Roc3 will fly better because it gets on a line and holds compared to a DX which just drops the whole time.

yes its flys like a stable roc but beadless and in great plastic. Its going to fill that slot between my Roc3 and Gator

Sweet, it doesn't look to be on the most recent PDGA approved discs list yet...the current one is dated March 10. Is it a wider diameter mid like the roc or md2?

So I noticed that my new 176g Roc3 has a good amount of turn (probably -2) right off the shelf.. compared to my 180g's that had 0 turn right off the shelf. Would you say that's normal? Doesn't bother me, saves me the "break in" period to get an understable Roc3.

I got the feeling the new MD3 is why you wouldn't do an "In the Bag" when asked a while back? Seemed to be hinting at something new from Discmania being there.

So I noticed that my new 176g Roc3 has a good amount of turn (probably -2) right off the shelf.. compared to my 180g's that had 0 turn right off the shelf. Would you say that's normal? Doesn't bother me, saves me the "break in" period to get an understable Roc3.

I notice also the ones with a slight dome are less stable than my flat ones, is that part of the case too?

I got the feeling the new MD3 is why you wouldn't do an "In the Bag" when asked a while back? Seemed to be hinting at something new from Discmania being there.

Well discmania had a bit of why i wasn't doing a IN the Bag but thats not the reason. but the MD3 will be in my bag when they are released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts