• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] The Prodigy D Series in now available in 750G plastic.

dekdo

Double Eagle Member
The Prodigy D Series in now available in 750G plastic.

"750G Plastic is our most advanced and premium plastic yet. This high-tech blend of premium resins delivers unparalleled performance and predictability. 750G Plastic takes the incredible durability & firmness of 750 Plastic and steps it up a notch. For fans of our 400G Plastic, this plastic feels similar but has increased firmness and will require even more time to break in. Feel the difference."

D2_750G_Plastic_Volt_Front_Thumbnail_900x.jpg

Any word on how they fly compared to the same mold in 400g? More overstable or understable? Doomier or flatter?

I got a couple D1s and D2s and while I wouldn't say they have more dome than my 400G D1s and D2s, they all do have a much more consistent dome. My 400G D1s are about half and half (with dome or board flat), and the few 750Gs I received have a very nice dome. D2s are the same way. All the 750Gs I received have a very nice dome while my 400Gs aren't as consistent, dome wise.

Both the D1s and D2s show about the same amount of stability as my 400Gs, but both had noticeably more glide. The 750G definitely feels more rigid in comparison and I expect they will retain their flight for a very long time. The grip is right on par as the 400G.

These feel amazing in hand, the flights are perfect, and I'll definitely keep a few 750G D1s and D2s around. While I immediately put the 750G D1 in the bag, cycling D2s has been a huge plus for me personally so I'm not sure if I'll bag a 750G D2. I need some more time with it to make that call. If you're a fan of any D-series disc I recommend picking up a couple 750G. They're a bit more expensive, as all 750 plastic is, but it's worth it, IMO.

That's a good thing.

Prodigy seems to be starting to get it together. Let's hope that continues.

Agreed. I haven't needed to buy any of the newest run of 400G D1s or D2s (with the new stamp), but I'm very interested in getting my hands on some. Throwing the 750Gs really got me excited for what's to come and I'm hoping to see these 750G in that 165g-170g sweet spot. I also need them to produce 400 or 400G X3s in anything but 175g+... if/when I see 170g X3s I'm buying all of them.

I got a couple D1s and D2s and while I wouldn't say they have more dome than my 400G D1s and D2s, they all do have a much more consistent dome. ...
I recommend picking up a couple 750G. They're a bit more expensive, as all 750 plastic is, but it's worth it, IMO.

That's great to hear. Sort of. I'm afraid I'll like them more than the current 400 and 400G Ds I have.

I stocked up on D1s and D2s recently when I found ones I liked while out traveling this summer. I've currently got 5 Proto D1s, 9 Other D1s, and 16 D2s, a couple of handsfulls of D3s, a couple of X2s, a smattering of D4s [that I don't throw], etc. I have a feeling these will last me until I'm too old to get them up to speed. I might not ever even get to throw the two new X1s I've got on the shelf because the one used one in the bag is still so great.

That's great to hear. Sort of. I'm afraid I'll like them more than the current 400 and 400G Ds I have.

I stocked up on D1s and D2s recently when I found ones I liked while out traveling this summer. I've currently got 5 Proto D1s, 9 Other D1s, and 16 D2s, a couple of handsfulls of D3s, a couple of X2s, a smattering of D4s [that I don't throw], etc. I have a feeling these will last me until I'm too old to get them up to speed. I might not ever even get to throw the two new X1s I've got on the shelf because the one used one in the bag is still so great.

I am in the same situation that you're in with my D2s and X3s. I don't have 16 (yet, I'm getting there), but I have at least 6-8 D2s in my preferred weight range. I recently got a hold of about 4 400G D2s from the newer run and I might like those even more than the 750G in part because it's not going to stop me from cycling like I have been. If you get the chance I highly recommend picking up a couple more for your stash.

As far as the D1s go, I'm probably going sell off all my 400Gs and re-up as often as I can on the 750G. 2 immediately went in my bag and they've quickly become my longest bomber disc. The dome and glide on these things is incredible.

I couldn't resist... I love the 750 in all discs but the putting putters. Sometimes in winter I find it too stiff, but otherwise I'm a huge fan. I'll be collecting the X out 750 in every prodigy disc I throw. I'm excited to see the long stuff in 750! Also curious about the G aspect. I found my first 750g X out today and ordered it. D2.

I like the way the 750 feels other than other plastics of equal weight. Is that a density or a distribution thing?

Latest posts