• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
MVP Disc Sports has traditionally produced only high-durability premium plastic discs. However we are keen to the desirability of a "baseline" plastic's performance qualities, particularly in the putt and approach class. Although baseline has a traditional stigma as "the cheap plastic", for many players the feel and break-in of a baseline plastic is superior in narrow-rim classes.
Years of experimentation and testing have gone on in the background of MVP's rise to fame as a premium plastic brand. We're pleased to let the fans in on our best-kept secret: Electron Plastic.

Electron has been crafted into the two classic blend profiles of firm and soft, presented here as Experimental Formula 1 (firm) and Experimental Formula 2 (soft). These are pre-production blends which may change before a future production run of Electron Plastic, and feature a unique surface texture and look not found in MVP offerings. In particular the GYRO™ rims feature an experimental vapor-honed surface that aids in the optimal baseline feel.

Additionally the putter mold used for this Experimental edition is a prototype model. No, it isn't called the Prototype, it's a yet-unnamed prototype putter we've been testing. The mold is based on the Axiom Envy, with a beginning stability slightly less overstable than the Envy. As the mold breaks in, it becomes a very straight floaty GYRO™ putter. Collectors will have a genuine pre-engraved pressing of the mold, as it currently has no factory marking or logo engraving on the rim, consistent with our in-house test pressings used during development. As a prototype this mold is currently NOT PDGA Approved. It's worth noting that the bulk of this Experimental edition weighs
in the high-160s.

Just 500 of each blend have been produced for this Experimental edition. We hope the fans enjoy such a unique introduction to our work with Electron Plastic, as we gear up to roll it out in production for 2015. Dealers are limited to 10 of each blend

da juice I & II!

news_141112_electron002.jpg

Huh.

Sounds like a good move developing a baseline plastic.

Too bad its a non approved mold tho. :\

That does seem a little curious, but, whatever. I'll be interested to try these, even just to feel the plastic and see how its durability is. MVP isn't exactly known for grip, so it'll be interesting to see the results here.

The MVP magic/Pa4 I've been screaming about for a while, hopefully. . .?!

Then again, the Theory has kind of shut me up on that tip.

Only 500 eh? The resale market on these is gonna be kooky if the full production run takes awhile.

Also curious about this vapor - honed rim.

Ah right. Still, 20 total per dealer is gonna make them tough to come by. Any word on price?

Aleady on the order form. They're nicely priced at the $7-8 range.
I've got the max coming for reptilian disc golf. I'm so excited to feel these protos. This is a very big deal

Latest posts