• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

How does this compare to the proxy ive heard about coming out? Wasnt the proxy supposed to have an envy feel only straighter flight too? Either way, i love the idea of a baseline mvp putter. Great job mvp, you always find a way into my heart and wallet.

From the descriptions it sounds like this new putter mold will initially fall in between the Envy & Proxy, but being baseline will break in quicker than either of those molds. The Envy is their most OS putter mold yet, and the Proxy is roughly the equivalent of the Anode's flight with the feel of an Envy. Maybe the new mold will have the flight of an Ion with the feel on an Envy?

If that's the case it could potentially be my new putting putter. Excited to test some out.

The Envy was always more OS than I wanted in a putting putter. I was sold on it for that role because of the feel.

Then again putting with the Proxy makes me realize how familiar I've gotten with the Envy, so maybe I won't switch :p

i agree, i was bitching but read one of aims posts about how they have to make an entire new mold to use this plastic, so if thats true there would probably be tons of math to scale that recipe.

This could be very cool. I've always thought the ions came out with just a bit too much shoulder than I like. I wonder if an Electron Ion would be a but tighter in the shoulder. Mmmmmmmm. Wizard killer (sounds like blasphemy)

i agree, i was bitching but read one of aims posts about how they have to make an entire new mold to use this plastic, so if thats true there would probably be tons of math to scale that recipe.

Re: below post-- Im not sure if its true with electron but know it was talked about in the Q&A and Zam mentioned how the discs weren't molding up as nice. I believe he has been working to fund baseline mold development since :D

They had to make new molds for the plastic itself to be run into production. With 3 different and popular models already on the market no one would be happy with just ion, anode, envy being released...plus its too much to try and do all 3 at once it for retailers really.

Brings hype to a new plastic and mystery to a new mold. I would say MVP's not being so "normal" is why they do fairly well :D

I was holding out for the Proxy since I like the shallower feel of the Envy over my Anodes, but want the straighter flight. I'm not jumping up and down over baseline plastic like everyone else is, but I know i will try it to compare. I haven't had as many grip problems as others have (especially with the soft plastic), but understand the desire for baseline for feel and to beat in a disc for turnovers (what I use my Summit for).

This is what I've been talking about as the only new frontier in disc plastic and could swing me away from Innova if they do it right.

Anyone who wants to perfect this will have to experiment with differing pour size/counts in the plastic and 'throw' them consistently with a machine (modifed baseball pitcher machine?) in order to optimize distance potential. The ideal turbulent boundry layer increase to reduce pressure drag, against front facing air resistance ratios, will of course be different with each mold and blend.

In the end, I think the principle will apply best to mids and fairways (up to speed 5-6) where control without sacrifricing distance will no doubt reduce strokes. The very reason I carry/cycle some DX in that range.

Oh yea. I love my MVP. Dri-fits, hats, and now baseline.

Can't wait to try these out.

I want baseline Anode, Vector, and Volt first. In that order.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll admit it... I'm super intrigued. Once they get a good chunk of the lineup in production, I will be trying some out. Looking at you Volt, Resistor, Tensor, and Tangent.

How many MVP fans started fapping when they read this? ;)

Sounds cool, I'd like to get my hands on one of those prototypes. Perhaps it will convince me to try a base putter...

Also I was wondering when they would release Electron plastic! Proton, Neutron... Eclipse?

Cool. Can't wait to try one. I hope production doesn't start too far in the future cause I doubt I'll be quick or lucky enough to pick up one of these protos up.

Latest posts