• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Electron Baseline Plastic Experimental Formulas 1&2

10 each technically so yeah!

$12.95 is MSRP for electron plastic but with this first batch I can see them fetching a little premium.

Interesting. Puts them more in the Zero/Pro/300 price range. Probably a decent indication of how they'll feel.

If I could get an Envy that feels like Prodigy 300 plastic? Yes, please.

sounds cool
any testers have a crack at them yet?

With the limited run, I.I.think they'll have 1000 testers haha. Pretty cool concept. I didn't think about it at first.

Granted some people will hoard them to collect, but enough people will throw them that MVP (one of the few companies who listens to their fans on the Internet) can get a good gauge of how the plastic holds up and is recieved. And you know they will make any tweaks necessary until it is totally perfect. These dudes are smart.

Interesting. Puts them more in the Zero/Pro/300 price range. Probably a decent indication of how they'll feel.

If I could get an Envy that feels like Prodigy 300 plastic? Yes, please.

with larger retail orders pricing around $10 could be possible at times for them to offer sales etc.

I really hope its like the old latitude GRIP line plastic and definitely more on the higher end vs some of the candle wax baseline blends out there....

sounds cool
any testers have a crack at them yet?
Had 'em for a couple months. I only designated 1 firm and 2 soft as throwers, so I was ginger with them at first. But recently I took them to a porous limestone shred-your-disc course and they held up really well. Feel and durability is like Sure-grip from Gateway, which I love. The two blends are on point. I'd say Formula 1 is like a nice firm Soft Wiz feel, and Formula 2 is like a nice SSS Wiz on the firmish side of SSS, but not quite as firm as SS. I'm tuned into Gateway's baseline flavor and these made me immensely happy. Couple Innova/Legacy/Gateway nerds who felt them up were equally impressed.

Mmm...chalky Envy...

can you comment on the overall shape retention? Some baseline discs completely lose shape upon "tuning" or a few tree hits.. Always found MVP to be better than others in that sense and hope its true with these.

I've been loving the Envy I have, so a slightly less OS version in baseline would be an awesome putter; also dig the baseline plastic idea.

can you comment on the overall shape retention? Some baseline discs completely lose shape upon "tuning" or a few tree hits.. Always found MVP to be better than others in that sense and hope its true with these.
Sure. As with a Gateway Sure-grip putter the first thing to happen is the lower edge gets roughed up a little bit. Basic rash type micro-shred that gives it a texture and seems like airflow gold. The wings on mine haven't chunked out at all, just taken light scuffs. They're doing what I'd expect of a Sure-grip disc... seasoning up a bit but doing so slowly and evenly.

I realize you don't have access to a wing profile yet, but it's a P&A-style bevel like the Anode, to where you've got a microbead at the end of a flat bevel. I expect it to straighten out a bit with wear as the bead isn't doing much for stability or for sea-walling the wing against some landing rash.

Also with a 10mm wing like the Envy, it's not very susceptible to deformations of the nose. The most impactful factor of this wing shape and this type of plastic is (IMO) gonna be the wear-down of the lower rim. Might get a little quicker, turny, floaty with age.

Sure. As with a Gateway Sure-grip putter the first thing to happen is the lower edge gets roughed up a little bit. Basic rash type micro-shred that gives it a texture and seems like airflow gold. The wings on mine haven't chunked out at all, just taken light scuffs. They're doing what I'd expect of a Sure-grip disc... seasoning up a bit but doing so slowly and evenly.

I realize you don't have access to a wing profile yet, but it's a P&A-style bevel like the Anode, to where you've got a microbead at the end of a flat bevel. I expect it to straighten out a bit with wear as the bead isn't doing much for stability or for sea-walling the wing against some landing rash.

Also with a 10mm wing like the Envy, it's not very susceptible to deformations of the nose. The most impactful factor of this wing shape and this type of plastic is (IMO) gonna be the wear-down of the lower rim. Might get a little quicker, turny, floaty with age.

Sounds killer! Any elaboration on the composition of the overmold? It is a slight variation of their current neutron overmold or is it a heavy contrast?

Met up with a friend that throws MVP exclusively. I thought it was strange until he beat me by three strokes on my home course! Interesting idea...so these will still have the over-molds, correct?

Well it sounds like they are about to jack up production, judging from the announcement AIM put on the MVP thread. So, hopefully that means they are gonna start releasing some of the other discs in this plastic(and also discs in the current plastics that haven't come out).

Well it sounds like they are about to jack up production, judging from the announcement AIM put on the MVP thread. So, hopefully that means they are gonna start releasing some of the other discs in this plastic(and also discs in the current plastics that haven't come out).

the part of that announcement that aim didnt mention was that they were firing zam and hiring local college students to do the graphic design... so try to be nice about it on the forums, i imagine hes pretty upset.

Need ions/anodes.

This is pretty awesome either way.

i agree, i was bitching but read one of aims posts about how they have to make an entire new mold to use this plastic, so if thats true there would probably be tons of math to scale that recipe.

How does this compare to the proxy ive heard about coming out? Wasnt the proxy supposed to have an envy feel only straighter flight too? Either way, i love the idea of a baseline mvp putter. Great job mvp, you always find a way into my heart and wallet.

Latest posts