• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

We ran white and orange Armor Scales on that day.
Those creams are likely created when a very small amount of orange started flowing into the mold.

All of my "Domey White" Armor Scales are off-white. I have 5 now and all came that color. One is dyed now, but they are not pure white like the snow falling in Michigan today! ;)

Dang, hoped I had gotten a unique one. Oh well, got it to throw, and now I won't hesitate to. Great plastic from a great company, keep it up.

Dang, hoped I had gotten a unique one. Oh well, got it to throw, and now I won't hesitate to. Great plastic from a great company, keep it up.

If you're a Rhyno guy, you'll LOVE the Scale. The "Domey White" Scales are like a Rhyno with extra glide and great fade. Fossil Scales are everything Rhynos want to be, and Fossil Fuel Scales are a "Soft" Rhyno feel. Awesome molds in any fashion!

My armor scale arrived yesterday, 170g cream-colored with some dome. Put it next to a couple white scales for color comparison.

Attachments

• rdg_scales.jpg
    rdg_scales.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 53
  • armor_scale_dome.jpg
    armor_scale_dome.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 52
If you're a Rhyno guy, you'll LOVE the Scale. The "Domey White" Scales are like a Rhyno with extra glide and great fade. Fossil Scales are everything Rhynos want to be, and Fossil Fuel Scales are a "Soft" Rhyno feel. Awesome molds in any fashion!

I have two Scales so far, the Armor and a Fossil. Just started with Rhynos and really clicked with a DX, so I'm hesitant to change already. So far I have practiced putting with the Fossil and it feels a little different in hand, but flies the same. I plan on getting out tomorrow and doing some field work before a round.

So a bit off topic off the armor scales (which those domey ones are great for driving).

So just want to take my hat off to JCass. Not necessarily for his accomplishments as a little fish in the big pond, but as an ambassador to the sport in general. In playing with him today it is very clear that he isn't out solely to make discs to make money. He is making discs to give people what they want, and would just as quickly suggest a disc that isn't his to fill a role for a player. He is a big gun that will play with the small guns, and is positive along the way.
I believe this mentality and this approach is what makes him successful, and what makes small disc companies unique in the world.

So I am sure I am not the only one who says thanks for it all Jcass. Looking forward to see where it goes.

So a bit off topic off the armor scales (which those domey ones are great for driving).

So just want to take my hat off to JCass. Not necessarily for his accomplishments as a little fish in the big pond, but as an ambassador to the sport in general. In playing with him today it is very clear that he isn't out solely to make discs to make money. He is making discs to give people what they want, and would just as quickly suggest a disc that isn't his to fill a role for a player. He is a big gun that will play with the small guns, and is positive along the way.
I believe this mentality and this approach is what makes him successful, and what makes small disc companies unique in the world.

So I am sure I am not the only one who says thanks for it all Jcass. Looking forward to see where it goes.

Here, Here, for Jamie! (and for sure Josh, and the web guy whose name I always forget)

Damn... I've gotta make it down to STL and buy these guys dinner!

Amazing company driven by the community, not simply by profit. A rare and wonderful trait.

Three cheers, fellas!

While I have just dipped my toe into the RDG pool, I think it is easy to see that the brand is created for the people and the sport. I hope RDG and the other Faction companies keep this mentality moving forward. Good work and keep it up.

I'll take my Scale gushing to the Scale thread, lol.

For those of you who have bought the Kaxe/Kaxe Z, what weight(s) have you been getting? I don't see that info on the store page.

Mine were both 174 I believe.

I have had a kaxe and z in 171 before, but that is as low as I've seen them.

I got my kaxe in the mail this weekend and I am really impressed with the k1 plastic. I haven't had a chance to throw it yet but I have really high hopes for this one.

So, I decided to try out this roc disc people have been talking about. Out of curiosity, for those of you that have throw the RDG flat tops, and glows how do they compare?

So, I decided to try out this roc disc people have been talking about. Out of curiosity, for those of you that have throw the RDG flat tops, and glows how do they compare?

I think the glows were a bit beefier than the flat tops. Flat tops tend to start out in stability similar to a regular DX Rancho or even a hair less stable. The difference is more in how they wear in. Regular DX Rocs tend to lose their LSS first so they turn into laser straight discs and stay there for quite a while (which is something a lot of people like about them). Flat tops tend to lose a little HSS along with LSS so they develop turn much earlier. If you really want to try out Rocs to see what everyone likes about them, I'd go with the glows rather than the flat tops. They may start out just a little more stable than a "normal" DX but they should wear in the way that normal Rocs do which will give you that dead straight Roc flight after you've been playing with one for just a little while.

I picked up a vroc and normal rancho from PIAS (all they had were 167 KCPros...boo). I want to keep the RDG in my bag so will have to get a glow eventually for the beef and pick up some flat tops as well. I got the Vroc, to give me a head start on the cycle. So far over the weekend I was really liking both it and the roc.

RDG News:

I have blank Raptors and Pteros awaiting dye/stamping

Amber Raptors are on order and should be run in the next week or two

I'm ordering up some more Gandalf stamped Wizards

Also having a killer new stamp cut based off this design by one of our amazing artists, Sean Wilcox

U3RVCD9.jpg

Last edited:
RDG News:

I have blank Raptors and Pteros awaiting dye/stamping

Amber Raptors are on order and should be run in the next week or two

I'm ordering up some more Gandalf stamped Wizards

Also having a killer new stamp cut based off this design by one of our amazing artists, Sean Wilcox

U3RVCD9.jpg

That is a pretty killer stamp right there! :thmbup:

You know what would be a cool stamp, and you should put your artists on. An adam, eve the apple and a serpent stamp.

Not from a biblical church going point of view, but more from a significant serpent in literary history type view. That is sorta what this stamp immediately brings to mind.

Daylight is returning so I've been able to leave the glow bag at home. With our local park course in the winter layout(pretty dang short) I've been dabbling more with driving the Serpent and am loving it. Currently rocking a flesh colored FF with a slight touch of dome that is getting flatter as I work it in. Really enjoying it off of the tee with the zero turn and minimal fade. I don't switch my bag up or add new discs very often but the Serpent has earned a permanent home in the top pocket of my Octo.

Latest posts