• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw a putter to help your distance driving - worst advice of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting image macros has actually been proven to hurt your distance driving.

Going into a field and throwing putters helped me clean up my form a lot. I think that it is good advice to learn how to throw putters. I've me very few DGers who Have learned correct form by throwing a boss or a force

You have NO BUSINESS giving ANY advice of ANY sort.

We may be trolling this thread, but you are trolling this whole website. :|

Well obvious troll number 2, I have every right to give advice here. The question is, why are you posting on this thread if you do not like it?

Oh yea, troll...

You need to grow up.

It doesn't work to call people trolls, when you made a thread knowing good and well it would be trolled. You're basically trolling the trolls, with a thread made for trolling.

Bad thread is bad.

Well obvious troll number 2, I have every right to give advice here. The question is, why are you posting on this thread if you do not like it?

Oh yea, troll...

You need to grow up.

mandy%2Bp.jpg

**** this forum this is why i stopped posting

I tried in the last two threads about this same subject.

i noticed you going at it on the thread i started ("The next step"). respect for defending your point. also, very funny exit line.

250'-280' range, depending on wind and elevation.

Of course, if I was having trouble throwing my putter, wouldn't you suggest I take my putter to a field and throw it, not say, a Firebird, right?

You are throwing your discs over 200ft HIGH in the air?

To give a real response to the topic, throwing far is about footwork and hip, core, arm/wrist mechanics. Improving those aspects of your throw translate directly from putter throws to driver throws. The only things that change are the grip and line.

Thank you.
I do not question that just throwing in general will help form. My peeve is people can learn the same form throwing a slower speed driver like a Teebird, and disc down from Bosses and Destroyers, but still have the feel of a driver in hand.

Oh yea, troll...

You need to grow up.

Actually you made a statement stating something was the worst advice of all time. From that one would expect people would be posting for and against it in the thread. To believe only those for the initial statement should post does not make any sense therefor questioning his posting in this thread makes no sense.

Last edited:
It doesn't work to call people trolls, when you made a thread knowing good and well it would be trolled.

And I guess you believe women deserve to be attacked because of the way they dressed. They asked for it, right?

People seriously need to grow up on this forum. People have different opinions. Just attacking people of a different point of view is childish and small minded.

Thank you.
I do not question that just throwing in general will help form. My peeve is people can learn the same form throwing a slower speed driver like a Teebird, and disc down from Bosses and Destroyers, but still have the feel of a driver in hand.

But that is discing down. Discing down does not mean you are going to only throw putters. The putter advice is to help people better understanding of having good form and gives them a way to discover it easier.

Actually you made a statement stating something was the worst advice of all time.

Yes, and I gave reasoning behind it.

You can debate the difference of opinion, or you can be a petty child and troll the forum. I have seen which option was chosen...

But that is discing down. Discing down does not mean you are going to only throw putters. The putter advice is to help people better understanding of having good form and gives them a way to discover it easier.

Thank you.

Still, what can be learned with a putter can be learned with a Teebird or a Leopard. So telling people to throw a Putter is like a dark practical joke that people are pulling on real people wanting advice here.

Pretty sure you created this thread for the soul purpose of arguing with people

I sucked at throwing drivers, and couldn't throw smoothly at all, until my friend recommended that I tried throwing a putter-only round. It helped me throw my DRIVERS so much better, because it made me slow down and throw more smoothly. Just because you don't see any benefit in it doesn't mean it's horrible advice, you aren't a disc golf god. It seems to have worked for 90% of the people on here, don't bitch people out for giving good advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts