• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Throwing 1st runs

In my bag right now I have a first run Nuke, Vector and Dominator. They don't really throw any different than standard runs (the Vector is less domey) but maybe its a mental thing. I say do what you wish. Throw, collect, whatever as long as you're having fun!

i have lots of pretty discs. and old discs. most of them i dont throw. and they're not on the wall either.

I don't do wallhangers because the missus says no :( No that's only one reason, I wouldn't to it either. I throw everything, at least once in a while. I have a bunch of FR or otherwise special stuff, mostly because when said disc came out, it was the only run to buy, duh. Or because some other special run looked badass.

What I paid most was 25€ on a Huklab C-PD that I threw off a hill. Didn't mean to, but was surprised by invisible wind ;) Of course that was a bummer but what are you going to do. If I think about it too much (i.e. this is a FR disc in your hand, any idea what this costs? DON'T throw it into that water hazard... of course it's going to end up in there!) it messes up my throw. So I don't think. I have no idea how much the rarer stuff in my collection might be worth and I don't care. I don't sell discs either. I only trade discs that I don't like to throw for discs that I do.

Simple. But do whatever you feel like, of course. People are different. :thmbup:

I think I have 10 1st run Nukes in the bag, two SSs, two OSs, and then 6 Zs, with about 80 more at home waiting to be thrown... Gotta have a couple backups you know! Oh and one 1st run champion Whippet too, LOVE whippets!

Every first run ive ever bought was supposed to be a hanger but they all eventually get thrown..........and lost but I love lookin down at that big protostar in my hand

Its nice to have nice things...its even nicer to throw them. I buy discs with the intention of having them on the wall sometimes but know eventually I'm going to throw them or trade/sell them to somebody that will.

It was funny, in a round about a week ago this came up when my buddy pulled out his 4x glow roc and said "I'm gonna tee off with the glow roc, just so you guys know it gets thrown." What he didn't realize was that I had my 1st Run CE eagle in hand and ready to throw. I responded "Why else would you carry sweet plastic in your bag?" To which he said "I don't know...to show off..." He traded me the glow roc a week later :clap: Not in the bag yet, but when I do my next rotation I think I'll find room...

I don't do wallhangers because the missus says no :( No that's only one reason

I bargained 6 discs on my side of the bedroom for one big crappy piece of art that is very out of place...compromise high five :hfive:

:hfive:What a negotiator.

FR Flashes in the bag for me! These are exceptional for controlled drives and big anny shots. I do have a FR Stalker hanging on the wall though...just not a disc I could find a slot for. Definitely up for sale or trade for any interested...

I bargained 6 discs on my side of the bedroom for one big crappy piece of art that is very out of place...compromise high five :hfive:

Good job! :thmbup: I just think discs on the wall look kind of hokey. Like when I was doing kung fu a few years back, I loved having the spears and swords around the house (and again, as with discs, loved even more waving them around :)), but didn't want to slap them in the middle of the living room, because most people won't get what that's about.

Latest posts