• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throwing Straight

The advice in this thread has helped me greatly with trying to correct my form. I found that I was stiff arming every throw and not following through. I have also disc'ed down to my Mids and putters and found I throw them as far as I was throwing my drivers with more accuracy.

The problem I am now having is that my release point for the disc is way off. I throw RHBH and since adding a follow through to my throws the disc flys way to the right. Does anyone have advice on how to correct the release point of your throw, or does this just come with playing more?

Im working on that part myself so, I obviously am not perfect but it comes down to pulling across your chest close to you right nipple and not accelerating to early. At least thats my understanding.

Im working on that part myself so, I obviously am not perfect but it comes down to pulling across your chest close to you right nipple and not accelerating to early. At least thats my understanding.

i can't remember who it was, but someone recommended throwing between soccer goal posts from about 20-30 yards or so out to develop muscle memory for release points. i've been doing that a bit lately and have noticed the difference, plus allows you to throw all the discs you want because you're only focusing on the griplock issue.

Latest posts