• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

NuNinja

Eagle Member
The Thunderbird disc from Innova Discs was PDGA Approved as of 8-5-2014.

"The Thunderbird comes from strong bloodlines. The stability of a TeeBird with the speed of a Valkyrie; it could be best described as a seasoned Firebird, but with less fade. The Thunderbird is still predictable in the wind and a great choice for your new favorite long-range placement driver. Flight ratings: 9/5/0/2" - by Innova Discs
http://www.pdga.com/announcements/classic-thunderbird-drives-fairway

Isn't that basically the FL? Maybe it had more glide? :confused:

Last edited:
If the teebird3 is a faster teebird does this mean the Thunderbird is really a teebird4?

Someone with better knowledge than me can feel free to correct me, but I thought the Teebird was originally called the Thunderbird?

Innova doesn't really have any gaps in their lineup? So maybe now they are just getting bored and releasing whatever comes to mind.

Someone with better knowledge than me can feel free to correct me, but I thought the Teebird was originally called the Thunderbird?

Innova doesn't really have any gaps in their lineup? So maybe now they are just getting bored and releasing whatever comes to mind.

I'm pretty sure the disc was originally PDGA approved as the Thunderbird.

*Edit: Found it!

Also, there is quite a gap between a Viking and a Firebird.

Innova OLF or PD sounds about right. I hope they finally figure out a consistent mold.

A slightly slower PD wouldn't be a bad thing. I've transitioned back into throwing Valkryie + Firebirds for this range of D. Can't say that I have a gap between my megabeat Star Firebird and Champ Valkryie but can see the potential audience for it.

Cool name. Sounds intriguing, but it does sound very similar to both the ORION LF and the PD. And since I already rock Orions, I don't see a need for it in the bag.

Am I going to try it out?

Of course.

I will be trying this out for that exact gap.

I've got 2 Valks and one Viking that I would classify as very near FL stable. A half beat Firebird is also about the same.

Innova hasn't had a gap for the average rec player in over 10 years.

Starfire- 10/4/0/3
Firebird- 9/3/0/4
Thunderbird- 9/5/0/2
FL- 9/3/0/2
T3- 8/4/0/3

If this disc has a purpose I missed it

It's supposed to cut through the air in an aerodynamic fashion towards a disc golf basket.

I'll give it a try for sure. I hope they're Gstar... although i would prefer Gstar OLFs, this may scratch the itch.

Latest posts