• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tourney tips ASAP!

madman1101

Par Member
I'm in my first ever tournament and am on the lead card. Need advice... how do i not let my card mates scores get to me?

A lot of times someone on the second card will play put of his/her mind and storm past the lead card.

So, don't play to your competition; play your game, play the course, play your discs.

You're doing something right already, just relax and keep doing it. Don't worry about your score or your place, just concentrate on going for the high percentage shots and playing your own game.

I was on lead card today too, for the first time, I managed to focus on my game and keep it consistent. I blew out the rest of the card, but someone came from a lower card to tie me. I'd rather not say what happened in the playoff....:wall:

well finished the same spot as the start of the round, blew up bogeying 4 of the last 5, but i'm happy with third in my first ever tournament. the leader (who i was 1 behind after the first round) turned it on shooting a -6 the second round, only two better scores were -7 and -11 in the amateur division. missed some birdie putts but i'll take it. 27 dollar payout for third, not bad for my first ever tournament.

Latest posts