• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trey-Deuce Domino Saloon Ranch, Mt Vernon TX

Jeez, John must have not need sleep. But hey any reason to be out near Selah Ranch is a good enough reason to drive to Mt Pleasant. I look forward to both of these and any info would be great.

2 new Houck-designed courses, south of Mt Vernon TX.

John, any news/updates/comments/status?

Why, yes, Rodney, I do have news and updates and comments:

http://houckdesign.com/current_disc_golf_courses.html

Thanks for asking.

And Recant, these new courses are actually much closer than Mt. Pleasant. They're just south of town off 37. It's about 12 1/2 miles from Selah as the crow flies -- it took me about 22 minutes last week. And thanks for caring about my sleep needs -- I'm making sure I stay alert.

Texas Teams will be at Selah AND Trey Texas this year, and for the first time ever, we're creating a special division for teams from outside Texas. So grab a bunch of like-minded disc golfers and come enjoy four of the world's best courses. Info is at http://circularproductions.com/texas_teams_2013_event.html and https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Teams/141965995901371?ref=hl

John posted some pictures of the Try Deuce Ranch on FB...looks like it has some great potential.

Hey this is exciting stuff - I was just sitting down to plan my bachelor party to Selah... any idea when this course will be playable?

They are having the Texas Teams tournament at Selah and Trey Duece this weekend, so I assume it is playable now. Although I have no idea when it will be open to the public.

They are having the Texas Teams tournament at Selah and Trey Duece this weekend, so I assume it is playable now. Although I have no idea when it will be open to the public.

Thats the third time I've been told that. Thanks though :thmbup:

Hey this is exciting stuff - I was just sitting down to plan my bachelor party to Selah... any idea when this course will be playable?

I'll be in Mt Vernon the first weekend in Dec., two weeks after the tourney. The courses were just added to the course directory here, I'm guess by Mr. Houck. Its listed as private but theres no contact info or anything about how to get on. There are directions however.

I've posted on Trey Deuce's FB page but haven't received an answer. I've filed through, some of the tourney info online and found a phone number. I'm not gonna bother calling today or tomorrow as they will be very busy. Monday or Tuesday I will try to get the scoop.

We're planning on playing/camping at Selah on Friday so that should give me a day to figure it out if I can't before then.

Reviews are disabled for these 2 courses. So let's hear it here from those of you that played Teams.

Both courses are great. Really kind of hard to give any fair reviews under the conditions we played in. Rainy wet and muddy. Lots of trees to still be cut but I think the trey deuce courses will compliment selah perfectly.

Trey Duece is in better shape then Texas Twist

Both have lots of potential but I don't think Texas Twist will be really fun until about a year or two from now, still alot of trees and trimming to do. Also navigating on Texas Twist was brutal, my card started on hole 11 out there and it took us 45 minutes to get to our hole.

Alot of pink tape around trees for stuff to be removed.

Also, it was crappy weather out there and completely soaked, so it'd have to be played in les muddy conditions to really judge it. Alot of fairways hold water; Creekside at Selha drains so so so much better then these two courses do.

I'll be in Mt Vernon the first weekend in Dec., two weeks after the tourney. The courses were just added to the course directory here, I'm guess by Mr. Houck. Its listed as private but theres no contact info or anything about how to get on. There are directions however.

I've posted on Trey Deuce's FB page but haven't received an answer. I've filed through, some of the tourney info online and found a phone number. I'm not gonna bother calling today or tomorrow as they will be very busy. Monday or Tuesday I will try to get the scoop.

We're planning on playing/camping at Selah on Friday so that should give me a day to figure it out if I can't before then.

@jsc430 - have you heard anything back from the Trey Texas Ranch folks? I'll be up at Selah at the end of the month with a friend or two, and we'd love to play the new TTR courses as well. I sent a message to their facebook page and the "contact us" form on their website, but so far nothing. Seems like it's not yet ready for public play...

Any information on if this course is accessable to the Public would be wonderful. I plan on heading to Selah in about ten days and Would really love to play these courses as i am not sure when i will make it down to Texas again, its a long way for a Wisco Boy.

Nope nothing so far. I was gonna be up there this weekend but had to cancel due to weather. Never heard anything about the TD courses, only they are still pretty rough and the Texas Twist course still needs alot of work before its 100% finished. I can prolly dig up that number if anyone is interested in calling. Pm for that.

Posted on the Texas Teams facebook page, on the Monday after the tournament:
"
About Trey Deuce from the Houcks.

TTC 13 was one of our most memorable events in a long time. It was definitely historic. For the first time we had 4 courses and 2 locations. The courses at Trey Deuce are still not complete and there is still a lot of work to do to get them completed. Trey, Diane, and Waymon, the owners, along with John, Robinett and Ken have worked non-stop for 4 months to get them this far. Our goal was to get them "payable" [sic] for TTC 13 so we could have a venue with camping and a "Texas" flavor. John's designs take a long time and development takes even longer. So, we want to let you all know what has been going on behind the scenes to get this location ready for TTC 13. Hours and Hours of labor of love for disc golf. John was pretty much focused on these courses the past 4 months and the work will continue until the high standards that we had set have [been] reached. Our plan is to have them in a better condition by Am Worlds but courses take time to mature as grass has to be planted and trees will need to [be] planted and mature.

We ask that you do not list these courses as complete but as "under development" and do not rate them yet as they are not ready. The ranch owners understand that people want to play them and they are making that possible.
"

Emphasis mine. I have no idea what that means. Just putting it up here for those that didn't see it.

Hey, guys --

Great to see the interest in the Trey Deuce and Texas Twist courses. For now, the best way to get information is by phone. Please call Diane at 903-767-2683 or Trey at 903-767-9236.

We're still working on both courses, so we want to be clear that we do not consider them ready for prime time just yet. By the way, the big cold front hit last night, so right now Mt. Vernon is not a fun place to be. Will be soon, though.

Of course, we encourage all amateur players to consider joining us the first weekend in April for the PDGA Amateur World Doubles Championships to enjoy Selah and Trey Texas.

My brother and I are planning 3 days in east Texas this March. Right now we're considering a day each at Selah, Lindsey Park, and Shawshank. Those who have visited Trey Ranch: should we consider it over any of the destinations we mentioned? We talked about trying to squeeze it in on the same day as Selah, but decided we want to take our time there and savor it.

My brother and I are planning 3 days in east Texas this March. Right now we're considering a day each at Selah, Lindsey Park, and Shawshank. Those who have visited Trey Ranch: should we consider it over any of the destinations we mentioned? We talked about trying to squeeze it in on the same day as Selah, but decided we want to take our time there and savor it.

It's going to take you all day to play the awesome courses at Selah. It's a great place.

It's going to take you all day to play the awesome courses at Selah. It's a great place.

Yeah that's what we were assuming. We're going to drive in the night before and stay at a hotel nearby (staying at the ranch doesn't fit our budget and I'll feel fresher for a day of golf if I sleep in a bed), so we should get an early star at least. We'll probably rent a cart, so between that and the early start we're hoping to play at least part of the courses twice.

I gotta admit to being a little intimidated by the water factor, but I'm already accepting I'll lose a few discs. Such is life. Luckily I have. Xmas money to help build up my backup stock beforehand.