• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Uh-oh, PIAS getting smarter?

fliphyzer

Eagle Member
I came across a few ebay listings being sold under username 11359pias earlier and wondered if that might be a play it again sports, sure enough the seller has only sold sporting goods on ebay. The last few of them being rare oop discs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Innova-11x-Ken-Climo-Champion-TeeBird-/300630432441?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D300612709606%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4657506009662084118#ht_1007wt_932

I hope I'm just crazy and the pias part is just a coincidence, or even just an isolated store location if it is pias. I really don't want them educating employees on whether or not a disc is worth $5 or $100.

I also suspect it's just an employee that knows about disc golf and said, "Hey ya know what you can get for this on ebay?"

The last deal I got there was a CE Teebird for $5.99!

i wouldnt be surprised honestly, i never find anything good at my pias and they have about 20 wall hangers for sale, CEs, SEs, 11x, all the sought after discs

Almost all play it again are independently owned so I suspect if anything it is one play it again that caught on. I would not be to worried.

Almost all play it again are independently owned so I suspect if anything it is one play it again that caught on. I would not be to worried.

this^ It is a franchise. If they are going to try and sell them for big $ then they better start giving better $ for trade-ins.... Our local shops are pretty clueless as to what is good or not with generally 1 guy who knows a little but not as much as the peeps you find on here. Love going into the PIAS though and finding those old, unique, or cheap gems!

They JUST opened a PIAS right down the street from my house basically, making it the closest store around to sell discs. However the other PIAS on 28th street never has anything worth a damn, but as stated, they are independently owned, so maybe this new one has a few treasures for me to go check out. Just have to beat Hyzers and apdrvya to them!

Our PIAS finally realized that old CE plastic is worth more than $7 and started marking them up to $25. But they haven't cought on that Pro-Line and SE Rhynos are worth more than $4. A friend found a stack of these not too long ago and came out spending $24 for over $100 worth of Rhynos.

I have bought other things from ebay with other people who's names were pias yada yada yada so I don't think its anything to worry about.

im guessing 11359 is an area code or store number..that being said..area code 11359 is queens new york.

The PIAS in Carrollton is very "up to date" on discs value. Chad knows what he's looking at, so you generally get real value. It's not a bad thing. Fair value is just good business.

one of the local ones here bought some guys collection.. a box of CE, proto, bar stamps.. but the guy labeling them has no clue what he was doing..and went on the really really high side.. He labeled a used (7ish) proto star lynx as an eagle and priced it at close to $100.. I tried to help him out with some of the molds he has but when he started arguing over obvious stuff I just left..

Going by all the sellers previous auctions being all sporting goods its most likely a pias. I'm sure a bunch of them have craigslist posts also.

Our local PIAS isn't even a PIAS anymore. Its a PIS now! They still have a small selection of only Innova discs though.

The closest PIAS from me is about 40 minutes away. I've never gone in there to check if they have anything worth snagging, but I should make a reconnaissance mission next time I'm nearby!

Latest posts