• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable mid range.

Element Discs Proto4 (soon to be PDGA approved and released - hope by end of the month) is a solid 5,4,-2,1 mid range - great flick disc as the convex rim leaves the hand cleanly and easily....

To achieve that type of shot you will need to work more on throw/form/release/snap etc than just a disc.

I use a 400G M4 as an understable mid-range. It may not make it that far before a turn. If you release with some hyzer and really get some snap on it it can balance up to flat then over to ride an anhyzer. Maybe try a slightly understable fairway driver, like a Patriot, FD, that sort of thing

This.

My 750 M4 SAVES me for not having a reliable forehand game. My M4 is reliable on a turnover for a good 300-325' right dogleg. Just flip it to anny and watch it ride the turn.

Element Discs Proto4 (soon to be PDGA approved and released - hope by end of the month) is a solid 5,4,-2,1 mid range - great flick disc as the convex rim leaves the hand cleanly and easily....

This may well be my next understable mid... if only I could get my hands on one! ;)

A max weight Z Meteor is my recommendation for this shot. It's fast and perfect for very long turnovers. Once it turns over it will stay turned over well. It may take a short time to wear in perfectly though, which is not a bad thing. A Buzzz or BuzzzSS is similar but less understable...but honestly they are my preference over the Meteor anyway. Or a Roach putter. I still recommend the Meteor for a hyzer flip turnover but try the BuzzzSS if it breaks in too quickly. I doubt it will break in too quickly though.

I know many people don't believe in understable mid ranges but I think I need one. This is why.. I want to practice a hyzer flip turnover shot for a specific hole and to learn a new line/shot. I want to throw a mid on a hyzer and have it flip up flat and turn over late in the flight out to about 320ish.

I have a g star leopard that I use for understable fairway but it's pretty stable and won't turnover at 320. My initial thought was Westside tursas. And then I thought mvp because I've really liked every mvp discs I've thrown apart from the vector.
Tell me what you think. Go!

Absolutely one of the most important shots in DG. VIP Tursas, Opto Fuse, and ESP Meteor are good candidates. Throw a Meteor like you are throwing the Leopard and I bet you will no longer bag Leopards. It has a little more speed than the others.

I personally like the R-Pro Roc+. They start out less stable than a normal Roc and wear to hyzer-flip straight faster than a normal Roc, so you get to experience the famed Roc life cycle a little quicker. I have to say, though, they do not start turning over from hyzer until quite fleshy.

Being a strictly rhbh thrower I'm always on the lookout for understable stuff for a variety of shots.

My home course has a couple 200-250 ft dogleg rights and I have tried lots. Second ace ever was with a metro. Tried the tangent, mission, and a variety of others. My favorite is the warrant by dd. Love their plastic and it is exactly what I need at that distance.

An US Mid is a very useful weapon to have in your arsenal. My long time go to is an ESP Meteor. I'm currently experimenting with a 1st run Star VCobra. excellent disc so far. And I've had some good success with a Star Wedge.

My wife and son are absolutely ga ga over a lightweight Pearl.

Gateway Element. I never really used midranges until adding a 174g glow Element to my bag. Not very flippy, goes dead straight with the slightest bit of hyzer, and holes a gradual right turn when released flat or with anhyzer. I have since added a 178g Evo Element that is a touch more stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do people throw to compliment the Buzzz for this slot?

Jawbreaker or other non-premium Buzzz equivalents. Long time Cobra thrower here...JB knocked out OOP Ontarios in both the roller and flippy air shot slots. Over 400' IRL max, so YMMV:thmbup:

The Meteor doesn't overlap with the Buzzz?

Depends on what kind of overlap you want. I would say exactly what NotHarambe did:

IMO Meteor for lower lines, Comet for higher, glidier shots

If you want NO overlap, then Comet is great, and I guess that's a "complement." If you want to be able to throw a similar line/power but get one to legitimately flip and on to stay more straight, then Meteor does it. To be fair, my mids in the bag are Buzzz-Buzzz-Comet.