• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Unidentified disc

Psilaq

As some of you may know, I worked as a spotter at the '09 Am Nationals and got payed in discs. Most of them were clearly marked. One, however, was not. Could someone help me identify it please? It is a Discraft disc and they said they thought it was a Surge, but it doesn't fly like a Surge for me, nor does it feel like one. Please help me!

Attachments

• DISC 001.jpg
    DISC 001.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DISC 002.jpg
    DISC 002.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 66
  • DISC 003.jpg
    DISC 003.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 53
Doesn't look like a Surge from the side profile...that's all I got :/

Maybe a Leopard? Looks like DX plastic and the rim of a fairway disc.
Nope, it's a Discraft misprint Disc, Leopards are Innova. It's fairly stable, I'd rate it between 1.5 and 1.8 in stability. Here's another view of the rim.

Attachments

• DISC 004.jpg
    DISC 004.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 28
Is it printed on the inside of the rim? Discraft has a habit of doing that. It looks like it has too thin a rim to be a Surge.

Why don't you take it to a store and compare it to different molds. Check out Discraft's disc page and find all the discs that have similar ratings to what you think it would be rated. Then target those discs at the store.

My best geuss is an XL.
It was made in ProD and does not have a huge lip.
If it has a bead (doesn't look like it) then it could be a Cyclone.

Out of my 6 Discraft drivers, it looks closest to my XL also. The inside rim didn't look quite the same. Maybe just the pic?

Attachments

• HPIM8557.jpg
    HPIM8557.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM8554.jpg
    HPIM8554.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 13
an impact would have a kinda diamond grip on the lower edge of the lip, that would be a dead giveaway.

Ok, I decided to humor you all and check... NOTHING is written on the inside of the rim. Nothing at all. Upon closer inspection, I too believe it is an XL. Thanks to all for answering.

Latest posts