• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Using a Zephyr

I aced hole 11 at Plymouth Creek (149') from the shorts today...with my 175g Zephyr.
Is it all downhill from here? Is this the crowning achievement for me in disc golf? I might not even be upset if this is true. :)

A freaking Zephyr ace...haha.

It was funny because as soon as I threw it we both were going, "That's a good line." And then 11 minutes later we got to be excited. I didn't think there was a chance in hell it would actually stay in.

I aced hole 11 at Plymouth Creek (149') from the shorts today...with my 175g Zephyr.
Is it all downhill from here? Is this the crowning achievement for me in disc golf? I might not even be upset if this is true. :)

A freaking Zephyr ace...haha.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

The Zephyr is quite popular here in the Buffalo region. There's a zephyr only tourny as well as a league night here. I don't throw one mainly due to the size of trying to squeeze in my bag but someone's always throwing one around and playing catch. When Simon Lizotte was in town, he threw one around 400ft.

giphy.gif

Necrobump here, but I just saw Infinite Discs list a new shipment of Blizzard Zephyrs. At 200g each! What on earth is the point of a heavy Blizzard superclass disc?

Necrobump here, but I just saw Infinite Discs list a new shipment of Blizzard Zephyrs. At 200g each! What on earth is the point of a heavy Blizzard superclass disc?

Because it's there!:clap:

They are fun to throw. The disc I learned to forehand with. :thmbup:

The heavier weights don't have the bubbles. The lighter weights need it to be made that light. Condors suffer the same fate, but even the heavies need bubbles to stay within legal weights. This is no different than some of the wider rim drivers needing some bubbles to make legal weight as well.

In case you're wondering, the lighter Zephyrs are much more like the wonderfully floaty DX than the heavies. The heavies still float (in the air) but not nearly as much. The Condors not so much.

Champ Zephyrs are meh. Still fun, but not magic. Stick to the DX--stiffer the better.

I ordered one of the champs from the factory store and it's the biggest dome I have ever seen on a disc. Comically huge. It feels awful.

Superclass rounds are a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I've never seen a superclass driver. So, it's Zephyr, Pulsar, Condor, and a couple Wham-O that I have left...

Zephyr and Condor are fun though.

Except the Condor isn't approved for Superclass. It's just large diameter. Probably that beveled edge.

I like the Blizz Superclass discs for catch. Decent grip, still great glide, and the durability really pays off. Catch discs are not as much fun to catch once the edges get chunked up, which happens pretty quickly with baseline.

I have a 140g Makani that is a great throw & catch disc. I think that's made with the Zephyr bottom (?) It definitely has some old-timey Ontario tooling on the bottom that reminds me of the classic Superclass molds.

I've got an old DX Zephyr with probably 50 or more one-disc-rounds on it, and it isn't chunked up too badly at all. They just don't fly with that much speed or land very hard.

The Circle Stamp DX Zephyr in my trunk has seen lots of field throwing/games of catch and barely has a mark on it.

Because it's there!:clap:

They are fun to throw. The disc I learned to forehand with. :thmbup:

I as well learned how to throw a proper forehand with one. I can flick approach a zephyr with such accuracy my buddies call it my cheater disc. Lol.

I just got my first Zephyr today. I am curious about how flat or domey they normally are. Mine has a bit of shoulder then pretty flat across the top.

Here is a profile picture, it looks a little flatter in person-
zephyr_profile_pic_1a.jpg

And a picture of the top just because-
zephyr_pic_2b.jpg

Latest posts