• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Using a Zephyr

Yours looks like it has the usual dome on a Zephyr.

Every Zephyr ever made says Pat. Pend. That listing is making a big deal about nothing.

I completely agree. I picked up both and since then, both have stayed in the bag. I would say I use one of the two about once a round. They are completely utility discs, but their utility is very high in certain situations.

I can't count all the times I was told they were illegal for use when I threw them against guys, and I always love the shocked looks on their faces when I show them the rules.

My dad Had to be this way with his JuJu Putter Supreme plastic just because it was oop. Some guy who was I think really just trying to gain an advantage in Masters thought the other guy not my dad was playing Open Masters so different division as my dad was Advanced Masters. He told my dad that he could not use the disc at the 2007 South Dakota State Disc Golf Championship and threatened my dad with a stroke penalty if he used the disc. My dad later after the round went to the tournament director who had the list of approved disc and it was there. Just because a disc is no longer made does not mean that it is no longer approved. Some discs Not made anymore are no longer approved, G9i Wizard comes to mind. My dad Had to finish the round I think just a hole or two using his Ryhno to putt which he was using for most of the round due to wind before that.

Yeah, I think the only two discs I can think of that were legal at one point and not later were the Dimple and the Turbo Putt. Gateway was told to stop selling the G9i plastic but the discs that are out there are legal.

The Wheel was never approved. They had another driver that wasn't approved as well; it was so low profile that it could side under a door. I think it was called the Defender.

Latest posts