• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with a lighter weight Lace notice the flight plate is a little flimsy? My 165 feels flimsy compared to a 175 a buddy got in the mail. No complaints, just wondering.

Anyone with a lighter weight Lace notice the flight plate is a little flimsy? My 165 feels flimsy compared to a 175 a buddy got in the mail. No complaints, just wondering.

Yes my 165(166 on my scale) has a very flimsy flight plate. It also had the exact same dome and profile as my 150 boss, hopefully it flies similar.

So, how quickly does the medium rubber beat in? I had a medium Ascent that I used for Teebird like shots. I really liked the stability but it seemed to beat in quicker than I expected. Can I have a comparison to the seasoning rate with other companies ( vibram rubber compared to MVP/Innova Champ and Star/Discraft Elite Z and Esp).

So, how quickly does the medium rubber beat in? I had a medium Ascent that I used for Teebird like shots. I really liked the stability but it seemed to beat in quicker than I expected. Can I have a comparison to the seasoning rate with other companies ( vibram rubber compared to MVP/Innova Champ and Star/Discraft Elite Z and Esp).

In general there is very little change in Vibram material. Part of what seems to change I have discovered is simply me figuring out how to throw the different material. You will knock a little bit out of it simply by helping it break its mold stiffness. What I mean by this is that when you start using a disc and it hits trees and the ground for the first time, it breaks the fibers into feeling all nice. it is like the fibers only know how to be lazy and not do anything not doing anything and then you tell them they have to work, so they get in shape and work. Once a Vibram disc gets to this stage it will pretty much stay that way. Ascents really fly more like Eagles than they do Tbirds. There is more high speed turn in my Ascent than there is in my Trak. But the Ascent fades out much more at the end where the Trak will pretty much hold whatever line I put it on, forever. This is not the case for even Z or Champion plastic. Slowly over time they become more understable. My Vibrams simply have not changed all that much over time. I have some that I am more confident in their stability but ultimately even in comparison to a new disc of the same mold, they fly the same. Hope this helps.

Wonderful, thanks! I really liked the few Vibrams I have thrown. I am not a consistency machine either, so it very well could have been my form.

I'd say there is a noticeable difference between 174g and 161g but I'd also say that's the same with plastic discs. Even at 161g I wouldn't say it feels bad. Just a bit thinner.

17 months of disc golf, this is my first post... Oh yes, a Vibram fan!

Here's my collection, "A-bag" along with the practice/backup discs, 57 Vibram in all and a single Firebird! Too many, never! If I were to have a request for a new mold..., well it would replace the only non-Vibram disc in my bag...

I respect all the X-Link materials: firm, medium and soft... all weather conditions covered. The only time I'll need a replacement is when I "monkey paw" a disc into oblivion or a new sweet color/pattern comes about that is a must!

Hope to meet some of you, play a round or two and enjoy the sport that is Disc Golf... as played with Vibram discs!

Attachments

• Vibram Discs 2012-12-27.jpg
    Vibram Discs 2012-12-27.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 60

Here's my collection, "A-bag" along with the practice/backup discs, 57 Vibram in all and a single Firebird! Too many, never! If I were to have a request for a new mold..., well it would replace the only non-Vibram disc in my bag...

I respect all the X-Link materials: firm, medium and soft... all weather conditions covered. The only time I'll need a replacement is when I "monkey paw" a disc into oblivion or a new sweet color/pattern comes about that is a must!

Hope to meet some of you, play a round or two and enjoy the sport that is Disc Golf... as played with Vibram discs!

Awesome! That, my friend, is a rad collection.

Welcome to the forum!

And I thought I was addicted to Vibram. Nice to have you here and posting on this thread.

Does anyone know if there is a video of someone throwing the lace around anywhere? I can't seem to find one.

My local shop just started offering loaner discs, including the lace. If there wasn't a foot of fresh snow on the ground, I'd surely give it a rip.

need help want to try a vibram putter besides the vp. i putt and approach with anodes and zones so those slots are covered. just looking to try a vibram putter for in the circle or longer putts. I like the sound of the summit but am worried i wont like the under stability. What can be said about the ridge or the sole? dont hear much and dont want to re read the thread. thanks

need help want to try a vibram putter besides the vp. i putt and approach with anodes and zones so those slots are covered. just looking to try a vibram putter for in the circle or longer putts. I like the sound of the summit but am worried i wont like the under stability. What can be said about the ridge or the sole? dont hear much and dont want to re read the thread. thanks

They are all great discs. I dumped my zones in favor of the VP personally. If you are throwing the Summit, it is going to act understable. If you are putting or jump putting with them, they should stay pretty straight. The Ridge when you throw it will hold whatever line you put it on. The Sole tends to be right in between the Summit and the Ridge. The Sole never made it in my bag simply because I didn't need anything between the Summit and the Ridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.