• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Open 2012!

Congratulations to our 2012 VibrAM Open Advanced and Advanced Women champions John Broderick and Holly Decoste! :thmbup:

Link to the payout? Ive got a few friends that just finished and curious to see what they will be winning

Anyone got any info on the distance contest? I see a bunch of photos on facebook of the big dawg pro's in the backround watching humble am 16 year old Nick Economos throw in what looks like the distance contest. I played with Nick a month ago and he has world class distance. While spraying a number of discs he managed to put one out to what was reported 750 from the judges durring an exhibition after a distance contest in Maine. It was jaw dropping to watch a disc fly like that and I'm really excited for him that he got to show it off in front of Avery, Uli, Big Jerm, and countless others I'm sure. Anyone know if he won?

Wasn't a payout of $10,000 announced for the women before the event? The posted payout amounts only add up to a little more than half of that.

copied from pdga.com ...

On the men's side the day started with Ricky Wysocki leading Cale Leiviska by a stroke with a three-way tie for third place 8 throws back. It was really only a two-horse race, but Paul McBeth, one of the players tied for third, made a valiant effort shooting the hot round of 51 on the day to close the gap to only three throws and lockup third place for himself. On the first hole Ricky shot a five to Cale's four and the then stayed tied for the next five holes. On Hole six Ricky had a three to Cale's four to regain the lead. They went 3-4 again on Hole 7 to give Ricky a two throw lead. On Hole 9 Cale shot a 3 to get a throw back and cut the lead to one with Ricky's four, but he gave it back again on Hole 10. Ricky had some trouble on Hole 12 with a five, but rebounded nicely with a deuce on Hole 13 to bring the lead back to two. Ricky again ran into trouble on Hole 14 carding a four to Cale's nice deuce to tie it up with only four holes remaining. Both players deuced Holes 15 and 16 and then shot threes on Hole 17 to enter the Hole 18 teeing area all tied up. It all came down to Ricky's second shot going OB over the wall giving him a five, while Cale parked his second shot for an easy three and the win!

Wow it's amazing for it to come down to shooting at that awkward little green in front of all those people after 4 rounds. Anyone know of other recent years it has come down to the last shot? I seem to remember Nikko winning and/or losing on the last toss there a few years back....anyone jog my memory?

wow...thanks for the speady info drop...exactly what I was looking for! "this internet thing is amazing!" (quoting my 85 y o father)

tuf way to lose for RickyBomb...he was leading the event for a solid 2 days...congrats to Steve Dodge and extended crew for another top notch event!