• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Viking

I do not see a need for a Viking if I can find in stores a flat top Star Valkyrie that flies the same. I do have a Champion that is more true to the numbers just lacking a tad in glide probably due to my disc being in the Glow Champion plastic. My 2009 Ice Bowl flat top Valkyrie is still OS like a Viking, so I do not need a new disc anytime soon. Once that flat top Star Valkyrie ends up true to the flight path of a Valkyrie I will get a new flat top Star Valkyrie for the slot a Viking would go.

I've thrown a couple lighter weight ones recently, and they were flippier than I expected. They are DX and in the 160s, so perhaps that was to be expected. However I've thrown similar Valks that in theory should be less stable, that were more stable.

I always have a Vike in the bag. I mainly throw it in the woods where I can get a nice straight, glidey flight without a lot of effort. I like the pre flight ones with a smidge of dome the best.

I had some time with a new flat 175g Champion Viking earlier. I was throwing it along with a 175g Champion Valkyrie & a beat 166g Thunderbird.

In general it flew as a more stable Valkyrie. Exactly what I wanted it to be. The Viking was still a bit less stable, less glidey & so slightly slower than my beat 166g Thunderbird.

I'm going to keep working with it but I think its what I need. Can't understand why this mold never took off. I'd love to pair it with a Star.

The more rounds I play with this flat 175g Champion Viking, the more impressed I am. I love how it stays low (unlike my Thunderbirds) & the stability is so useful. I'm hitting some really long placement FH shots with this disc that I haven't been able to get before.

For an Innova player I think this would be such a sleeper Tour Series disc in some champion glow. Just needs a top pro to get behind it.

The more rounds I play with this flat 175g Champion Viking, the more impressed I am. I love how it stays low (unlike my Thunderbirds) & the stability is so useful. I'm hitting some really long placement FH shots with this disc that I haven't been able to get before.

For an Innova player I think this would be such a sleeper Tour Series disc in some champion glow. Just needs a top pro to get behind it.

What do you mean when you say "it stays low"?

What do you mean when you say "it stays low"?

More that it keeps the vertical line out of my hand that I give it. Like a Valkyrie or even a Buzzz does.

I said that while thinking about my Thunderbirds that always have so much glide that they have a lot of lift in the flight.

The glide of 4 they give it flies really true. At least for my flat one.

More that it keeps the vertical line out of my hand that I give it. Like a Valkyrie or even a Buzzz does.

I said that while thinking about my Thunderbirds that always have so much glide that they have a lot of lift in the flight.

The glide of 4 they give it flies really true. At least for my flat one.

I get it, Valkyrie dose the same, will stay low for the champion discs and the flat top Star. Some DX will too fly low if the mold is lower domed. The high domes for the Valkyrie and Viking tend to rise a bit more but not the way some molds that are higher in speed but a Valkyrie or Viking type mold. Beast is one of them as is a Whaoo, they climb a bit before falling.

I get it, Valkyrie dose the same, will stay low for the champion discs and the flat top Star. Some DX will too fly low if the mold is lower domed. The high domes for the Valkyrie and Viking tend to rise a bit more but not the way some molds that are higher in speed but a Valkyrie or Viking type mold. Beast is one of them as is a Whaoo, they climb a bit before falling.

Wahoo!

Last edited:
DGCourseReview Veterans - was the Viking ever run in Star? The more I keep working with my Champion the more impressed I am. I'm thinking I'd really love to bag a couple Star Vikings too. One worked in & one new & really stable.

The Wraith is the fastest mold I use but there are several courses where I can get it all done with Speed 9's. If they made the Viking on more plastics I could see it being my most used driver.

DGCourseReview Veterans - was the Viking ever run in Star?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a small CFR run done somewhere around the country/world, but to my knowledge no there has never been a Star Viking...sorry bud. Best bet is buying used Champ.

I would love to have some sweet pfn star plastic Vikings! Could you imagine that flight pattern?

Vikings in Champion OOP now? I don't think we've seen a run in about two years now. Any Idea on a replacement or will I need to go up to an Orc?

Vikings in Champion OOP now? I don't think we've seen a run in about two years now. Any Idea on a replacement or will I need to go up to an Orc?

I'm pretty sure Infinite has the Viking now but it's called something else.

They might have it, I know they have a lot of Innova and Discmania molds.

I've heard that the Hyzerbomb Veteran is a retooled Viking. This info was from the Millennium Collector FB page.

Last edited:
I think the hyzerbomb marksman was, or is, the Viking. Veteran is a plus rimmed eagle. I read that Millennium bought Hyzerbomb. Seems like Millennium is having a tough time getting Innova to run Millennium stuff, so I can't imagine that is very promising for future hyzerbomb releases.

Latest posts