• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo Spinal Tap Backpack is Here

Pulling the trigger on this.
Thankfully I have friends in America that I can have it shipped to

Now do I want Blue, Brown or Black.................

Nope just making an observation

Heck, PF is still fielding questions on the Contender. But let's be honest...the customer base of Voodoo is tenfold that of PF. It's one thing to field questions from 10 people..it's much more time consuming to field questions from 100 people.

And taking the price out of it...Spinal Tap easily beats the Contender IMO. Add price, and they still top them...just not a landslide.

Heck, PF is still fielding questions on the Contender. But let's be honest...the customer base of Voodoo is tenfold that of PF. It's one thing to field questions from 10 people..it's much more time consuming to field questions from 100 people.

And yet dragon was the one complaining 100 times over about the info before they released it. Im not saying one is better than the other. I love voodoo to death their bag was just out of my price range. I have no doubt that both bags will be awesome. Each is different in its own way. And before yall accuse me of something i am going to do how about you get to know me? That is for your dragon, not you triple. But in any case i hope everyone enjoys their bags :). It's going to be a good one

That question and answer shows exactly why I have a heard time with DGCR. You guys read nothing that anyone else posts. It was just the same questions being asked over and over and over again. There is no discussion here, it is just random statements and opinions that people make that no one reads or replies too. I wish DGR wasn't basically dead. :(

OOoorrr.....extremely convenient with bulletproof construction with a price that that is, well, about market value for a (good) bookbag type bag.

Which is funny, because the Contender is literally bulletproof. Made with 1650D kevlar thread. Voodoo is made with 1000D throughout the majority of the bag.

And taking the price out of it...Spinal Tap easily beats the Contender IMO. Add price, and they still top them...just not a landslide.

Yes, they are CONTINUING to field questions about the Contender. You said it like it was a bad thing. Chris is never gone from the forums for more than a day unless he's at a tournament. Shane shows up every couple months for an hour and people are hailing him the king of "unheard of customer service"?

And your second comment is subjective. I love Voodoo too, but it's just way too much bag for me. Paying more money for a bag that I can't utilize to it's fullest does not constitute a better bag, to me.

Last edited:
That question and answer shows exactly why I have a heard time with DGCR. You guys read nothing that anyone else posts. It was just the same questions being asked over and over and over again. There is no discussion here, it is just random statements and opinions that people make that no one reads or replies too. I wish DGR wasn't basically dead. :(

That's what killed the Ask a Pro threads. The "recommend a disc" threads are what get to me, but they've calmed down quite a bit. Nobody even bothers to read the OP, and half the time they don't include anything that will help you actually make a decent recommendation anyway.

Which is funny, because the Contender is literally bulletproof. Made with 1650D kevlar thread. Voodoo is made with 1000D throughout the majority of the bag.

Yes, they are CONTINUING to field questions about the Contender. You said it like it was a bad thing. Chris is never gone from the forums for more than a day unless he's at a tournament. Shane shows up every couple months for an hour and people are hailing him the king of "unheard of customer service"?

And your second comment is subjective. I love Voodoo too, but it's just way too much bag for me. Paying more money for a bag that I can't utilize to it's fullest does not constitute a better bag, to me.

Not to mention, no hassling with a rainfly ;)

I dont blame him at all for rarely showing up here. 95% of posts on these forums are a joke posted by people who don't know a d&mn thing.

I dont blame him at all for rarely showing up here. 95% of posts on these forums are a joke posted by people who don't know a d&mn thing.

Oh, it wasn't meant to be a knock on Shane. But when Chris for PF, ZAM for DN, Justin for Community, and Trent for MSt are on these forums DAILY for people to ask questions and get answers...well it seems odd that Dragon would praise Shane so highly.

Oh, it wasn't meant to be a knock on Shane. But when Chris for PF, ZAM for DN, Justin for Community, and Trent for MSt are on these forums DAILY for people to ask questions and get answers...well it seems odd that Dragon would praise Shane so highly.

Voodoo is the Apple of disc bags. You should expect them to have a rabid fanbase.

After complaining so much Shane wasnt getting the info out quick enough

Oh, I wasn't complaining at all. I've asked questions of Chris and he was awesome about answering them. I was in for the Contender, but aesthetics changed my mind. Just does look nice enough for me. Shallow? Sure, but I need the bag to look good too.

As for ir being subjective...opinions always are. I tried to make it clear that it was an opinion and not a fact.

Thats pretty funny. But yeah, both are the best at what they make.

Apple is not the best product. They're the best at marketing. I give Apple another decade before they fade away now that Steve Jobs can't come back and save them again. I could go on, but I'm not going to derail the thread.

Apple purposely make their products to break. They don't want their goods to last more than 3 years so you will be forced to buy the latest "greatest" thing.

What is that thing in the upper right hand of the picture on the front page? I think i have seen one of those things before....:)

Latest posts