• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Are The Most Brutal Courses?

Ingleside Gold and East Manor..........Both are Gold level par 64-65 with a 1000 rated round being even.

Kennsington Toboggan is absolutely the hardest course I've played. The elevation changes leave your legs sore for days too.

Idlewild in Burlington, KY is probably the most difficult I can remember, and Jackson course at the PDGA HQ in GA is killer too.

McHose Park in Iowa has kicked everybody's ass as far as I know. Its the toughest course I've played at least. The best part is that it is a great course, just tough as all hell.
6800 ft?

I truly hope you don't think the only thing that makes a course difficult is the length of the holes. :thmbdown:
Distance is a horrible way to determine the difficulty of a course.

McHose Park will wear you out by the time you get to hole 12. I guarantee it.

Gateway Park West.....on the East side of Fort Worth. Undoubtably the toughest course in the DFW metroplex.

This is correct.

I may never go to Gateway again. I shoot underpar at most courses in DFW. Very frustrating course for a intermediate player.

Leviathan in ludington ,MI is championship caliber, or the lemon lake gold course in crown point , IN.

This is correct.

I may never go to Gateway again. I shoot underpar at most courses in DFW. Very frustrating course for a intermediate player.

Yeah. I heard its ridiculous. 15 min away from my house, but I've never gone due to all the negative feedback and the amount of quality courses in proximity. Plus I'm not a big fan of middle aged male prostitution.

Yeah. I heard its ridiculous. 15 min away from my house, but I've never gone due to all the negative feedback and the amount of quality courses in proximity. Plus I'm not a big fan of middle aged male prostitution.

middle age male prostitution....BRUTAL!

Gateway West Fort Worth is currently getting a makeover.Holes 1-11,17,&18 are realy cleaned up. Still a tough course, But not like before. It will get better when they finish.

Dude you'd be surprised how dedicated some gay people are. I see them at the crack of dawn at my home course.

Crack of Doug you meant!

Seriously though...there are many things that make a course brutal and we all seem to difine it differently. I tend to think of brutal as excessively punishing to lesser players....you know the kind of course that requires throws that are just beyond your ability and will put you in the woods or the water or down the hill etc.....just because you could not hit that 20 ft wide 350 foot lane off the tee....the kind of course that demands precision and power and will brutalize your score if you dont have the ability or make a mistake....brutal means recovery is not possible or at least not easily possible.

I stand by my list and am considering French Creek due to the denseness off the woods off the tight fairways there.

Latest posts