• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the popular molds at your home course?

I'm just wondering if anyone notices trends at their local course(s) as far as players throwing/preferring/popularizing certain molds. At a local course I play alot (Oakland Park) - it seems everyone and their little brother has a Destroyer of some kind. I've seen more Pro Destroyers than I can count - even when someone is fishing discs out of the pond, there always seems to be a Pro Destroyer hanging out at the bottom. Nukes also seem to have a following. How about you guys?

Check here As the regionally thrown discs thread is the same thing.

I don't know, never really payed attention. Everyone seems to be chuckin' some plastic and having a good time....That's all I really care about.

Just as long as they pick up after themselves.
coolsmiley.gif

I see quite a variety, but I would say the most popular would be:

Katanas
Nukes
Lots o' Buzzzes
Wizards
Vibram putters

Also some Flashes and Surges.

All the newbies like to carry Nukes...:rolleyes:

Garret

What ever is the newest fasted and most overstable disc that just came out.

Cheers - Koffee

People at my home course like throwing discs that are round. Can't say I've seen a square or triangular one yet.

Bosses. Usually of the 80' shot variety.

definitely bosses, katanas, vulcans and now the ape. seemingly anything with the ridiculously huge rim- the bigger the better is the consensus nowadays:gross:.

Wraiths, Bosses, and Aviars. Nukes are starting to catch on..I'm not a fan of them really.

Wraiths and Bosses. My dad and I found 3 Wraiths with in two holes, DX, champ, and a star. Seems to be alot of Wraiths at Ryan Ranch and Bosses at DeLaveaga. Ive never seen an Ape, Nuke, ect., really come out of others bags, funny..

popular molds:
Boss
Nuke
XCal
TeeBird
Firebird
Wraith
Destroyer
Roc
More Rocs
Buzzz
Putters are all over the place

At Oshtemo:

Destroyers
Nukes
Katanas
Rocs
Buzzzes
Aviars

At Cold Brook:

Roadrunners
Sidewinders
Stingrays
Leopards
Darts
Aviars

At Robert Morris:

Firebirds
Orcs
Surges
Rocs
Aviars
Wraiths

At Knollwood:

All shapes and colors of mids and putters.

These are some of the more popular locations in my area. I based this on what I see my friends throw most often. Most of them are hovering around the intermediate level, some better than others.

NPC is relatively short and woody, so alot of mids, Buzzz for sure, Comets, Meteors, Leopards, Pigs, Rhynos, etc...

What ever is the newest fasted and most overstable disc that just came out.

Ya, that just happened here. The Ape came out, and like five guys all ordered thier protostars. They all know I'm pretty critical, and I know plastic pretty well. I scoffed at them, and said "High speed driver designed for the touring pro", and left it at that. No one is using thiers consistently, or even properly. Some are 'For Sale'. Seen one get used on a chip-shot dogleg yesterday... again. I get a giggle every time. Now these guys are all gun shy on jumping on the next bandwagon. Problem is... The Archon may be right up thier alley.

We got alot of everything here. Nukes and Katanas probably the favored drivers. Buzzz and Drones for mids.