• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the popular molds at your home course?

Katanas,nuke ss vulcans fast and understable seem to be the in thing.love putting a cheetah out past a speed 13 driver

I have recently seen Discraft and DGA showing up more and more at my local course. I was playing the other day and saw 3 different people throw a rogue. I have also seen Nukes, Stalkers and Hurricanes starting to make some peoples bags locally that I thought would never change from all Innova.

I tend to roam the tri-state area playing, but I guess Deer Lick is my "home course." I've yet to see another disc golfer out there, and I'd like to keep it that way.

As far as discs that are lost on my home course(s), DX Beasts dominate. I actually am a little surprised when I pull up a disc and it isn't a DX Beast. I think this is because one of the local shops recommends beasts to newer players.

I also see a lot of Wraiths, Avengers and Destroyers as well.

A lot of people I play with use wraiths, and the big three (buzzz, tbird, and wizard). I'm starting to get some of kids on the ultimate team I coach to use ions.

I don't know what the most popular discs are, but I've been seeing a ton of Vibram stuff around lately. Lots of guys are throwing those in my area.

As far as discs that are lost on my home course(s), DX Beasts dominate. I actually am a little surprised when I pull up a disc and it isn't a DX Beast. I think this is because one of the local shops recommends beasts to newer players.

I also see a lot of Wraiths, Avengers and Destroyers as well.

I lost a couple brand new ones. The first time was when I came back to disc golf and was used to my old mold Beast which my brother lost. Well, the new one went sailing off to the right somewhere. The next time, I discovered what happens to a Beast in a headwind and got about the same result on the same tee for that matter. (Come to think of it, I am sure there is a disc eating monster there somewhere)

I've noticed a Lat 64 trend this year @ league. But if I had to pick 1 disc that everyone had, it would be a Buzzz. Wraiths are probably the most popular driver, while either Aviars or Magnets would be top putter.

Really can't pin down one type I see at my home course now that I think about it. You get a lot of skill levels at Parkside so I guess that may explain the drastic variations in plastic. I see a lot more Discraft than I thought I would, but talking to folks most of them are from Illinois and not from town.

Latest posts