• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What discs came in the gummy Champion plastic?

MNThrower

Birdie Member
I have a really gummy pre-Barry pre-flight numbers Champion Beast that I believe is what everyone is really looking for when using the term "gummy" to describe a disc. I can tell it's the old mold next to my newer Dx Beast too. The dang thing pretty much flops waving it in my hand but not in a bad way. I can see why people really love the feel of these discs.

So what other discs came in this plastic? And what do they go for?

I'm not sure if this is _the_ gummy Champ, but I have a Champ Banshee that is super gummy - opaque sea green, feels great in the hand.

Not sure if it's anything special price-wise. I got it for cheap from JAKE Master (thanks brother!). :D

So those Valkyries on the Innova Factory store are the same gummy feel? Or closer to it than the current Champion plastic, which I'm not a fan of. Seems like it's gotten harder and harder throughout the years from what I've gathered. Bought an Orc I don't throw too often but it's hard as a rock compared to this Beast.

I have an xg f2 sidewinder. You know when its xg jolly launcher is a little gummier than regular champ but xg is ridiculous

I've had several "gummy" Ch spiders, rhynos, and an orc.
All were older, pfn discs.

I don't think these any of these new ones can compare to this Beast. I'm talking almost gel-like gummy. Wondering what other discs came out in Champion plastic pre-Flight numbers and before 2003 I think (that's when Barry won I believe?).

I don't think these any of these new ones can compare to this Beast. I'm talking almost gel-like gummy. Wondering what other discs came out in Champion plastic pre-Flight numbers and before 2003 I think (that's when Barry won I believe?).

The probably all did, but at the time you probably hd to sift through a whole stack of them to find a nice gummy one. And you are wondering what Discs came in a gummy champ plastic before 2003? I dont think champ was out that long in that 2003 s it is very hard to answer your question.

I have often wondered about that gummy champion run and what kind of plastic it actually is. I have 6 of the Beasts in the gummy champ plastic. They all weigh in around the mid-upper 160's. They were sent out to retailers with the very first run of Beasts marked "Champion Beast". That being said, they feel VERY similar to that latest gummy run of CE plastics. I know that I have seen and felt gummy CE Valks and Firebirds that feel identical, and were only available in the same weight ranges, which has always made me wonder, are they actually the latest run of CE and innova just didn't want to put the CE stamp on another mold, or are they just a fluke run of champ plastic?

Sorry to say, but it is pretty much a lost cause if you're trying to find an exact mold and time frame that it was produced in a gummy blend of Champion plastic. There are plenty of discs out there with the flight numbers that are gummy, too. Your best bet is to go to a shop if you have one and feel up the discs until you find one you like. If not, you can order online and specify in your order that you are looking for something gummy.

I think he was just curious about that particular run and what else was released in that plastic at that time, not necessarily looking for a current run that feel similar

Not too worried about an exact mold or timeframe. I guess I'm just wondering if I'll find any other discs in this same plastic. I think I'll have to try a gummy Valkyrie on the Factory Store. I've got a current Champion Orc and that thing is anything but gummy - do I really have to go through and feel up every Champion disc at GGGT to see if I can come up with some Gummy feeling ones? I found an older Vulcan not long ago and that thing felt sort of gummy until I felt this old Beast. Now I want more gummy drivers!

I now have three older gummy discs. Spider, Roadrunner and Beast. Beast and spider are that clear green tint but I think the RR is a later run because it's not as gummy but still very, very flexible. I'd say 95%.

Not too worried about an exact mold or timeframe. I guess I'm just wondering if I'll find any other discs in this same plastic. I think I'll have to try a gummy Valkyrie on the Factory Store. I've got a current Champion Orc and that thing is anything but gummy - do I really have to go through and feel up every Champion disc at GGGT to see if I can come up with some Gummy feeling ones? I found an older Vulcan not long ago and that thing felt sort of gummy until I felt this old Beast. Now I want more gummy drivers!

Well if you're not necessarily interested in the same run, then yes, you can try the Valks on the factory store. They also just made some glow XG Bosses that were available at DGV, not sure if they still have any though. I don't know that Innova has made another run quite like that old gummy run though, some of my favorite plastic ever as well. I would love to get some of the Rhynos from that run.

Are you guys talking about the clear gummy champ beasts or the pearly tummies? If you fondle enough plastic you can pretty much find gummy variants of anything.

Are you guys talking about the clear gummy champ beasts or the pearly tummies? If you fondle enough plastic you can pretty much find gummy variants of anything.

The one I have is really clear through the middle. Are the pearly ones more distorted through the middle? Often wondered about the descriptions of different blends of Champion - gummy, pearly, opaque, clear, candy, jolly launcher, etc.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have that same gummy old beast, feels awesome.
I also had a gummy Eagle, which I forgot at a course, came back like 15 minutes later, and of course it was gone.
So if you're reading this, screw you the guy who took my disc at kit carson !!!

anyway, you're never gonna find more of these except by luck.