• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you guys think of this basket?

depends on which ones you use, ive only got 8 big chains because theres only 8 hooks the other chains are smaller because they hang on the rope that goes around the top and the big chains weigh the rope down too much.

Mine cathces good upclose and at 30+ ft but the 20 fters are usually a little faster so thats where i get some blow throughs. The design of the basket also affects it because it moves a little from side to side. If you were to put 24 of the heavier chains in a modern design with inner and outer chains imo it would catch almost as good cause the plastic chains are bigger than most real dg chains. The chains come from Home Depot prepackaged in 15ft segments.
I got mine 1/2 priced cause of a store closing but normally they are 9.99 for either size .

They still sound like chains just not as loud . After customizing my disc master and see how it worked id like to try to make an all pvc basket cause i think it might work better than i thought before,and could be a good way to make it more economical and more available for people(groups) to make their own courses. Im gonna take a pic and try to figure out how to post it in a little while.

Are we throwing nerf foam discs at it?

Nope Omega ss 175s, just threw 10 putts at 15 ft and it caught them all.And i was throwing my regular speed and im a spin putter.

If you tighten the rope on top you could probally use only the bigger chains, but id already bought the small ones.

My buddy has two and loves it... It caught decent and was fun. Will it last is the question.

I'd pay $25-30 for the first basket. I like the basket from several posts up much better, but I think I'll stick with my Innova basket though.

Do you have any trouble with the rope basket dropping the discs?
not really . The nylon that came with it didnt last more than a couple days though, the rest of the basket is suprisingly durable . but if you buy one be prepared to have to do something to fix the bottom nylon or replcae it.

I'd pay $25-30 for the first basket. I like the basket from several posts up much better, but I think I'll stick with my Innova basket though.
its the same basket, and yeah without getting a good deal on the chains im not sure its worth making . maybe i shoud send a my pic to the people that make the Disc Master .

omega, what's the size of the plastic chain you are using with that basket? Trying to figure out how heavy of a chain would make it most like a permanent basket.

the yellow ones are big like the size of the metal chains youd pull a car with or something and the white ones are more the size of dg chains.

i tried using some small metal lamp wire chains i had first but they weighed to much and would make the legs fall out when you added the weight of a couple discs , so i couldnt add more than 10-12 chains and then it didnt catch as good as the plastic ones any way. When you add all the chains togetther they have enough weight behind them to nock down most shots and i putt really hard, at 20 ft with the speed i put i do get some blow throughs but ithink if used only big chains and had some inside chains that would go away.

to loop them around the bottom i used lamp wire chain, id open up each link with pliers at put 3 plastic chains inside then closed it then loop the next lamp chain and put 3 plastic chains in it then go all the way around like that . If somebody wanted to add inner chains to and old disccatcher using that lamp wire chain to loop the real metal chains at the bottom would work alot better than using steel wire.

It says Disc Master. It must be pretty good.

That kid has a gnarly approach shot. Look at the trails on that thing!

It says Disc Master. It must be pretty good.

That kid has a gnarly approach shot. Look at the trails on that thing!
Hes not that great hes just trippin balls big time:)he thinks he just slayed a dragon with mighty discus of infinite OAT.

The ropes actually dont do that bad a job of catching, but theyre kinda lame as far as sound and sight go. The biggest problem with it is the umbrella ella ella eh eh material sucks and wont last a week or a hundred shots ,whichever comes first.

Latest posts