• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What does your local DGCR map look like?

Yeah I suppose I zoomed in too far. I tried to show the lack of courses in the area and how close to Crown Point I was. It was the best I could do. I just played 3 of the courses at Lemon Lake for the first time a couple weeks ago and from my house, it is at most a 40 min drive. I know I have been negligent.

But there is still a lack of courses around here. Besides Rogers, Lemon, and a 9 holer, you have to drive over an hour away.

peru....its like 40 minutes also....and has GREAT courses...can't emphasis great enough.....you are pampered with rogers though...I have alot locally (rum, wilson, baugo, oxbow) I can travel about 40 minutes north and hit three rivers (meyer broadway) another 15 minutes on top of the 40 and ill be in kalamazoo....so I guess im spoiled...but I rarely make it up to there just becuase im lazy lol....I joined club dead up there and played that league a few times but wasn't able to make it up there as much as i wanted to.....

I'd love to say I played everything in Massachusetts but I don't think I'll ever make it to the Martha's Vineyard course. If we were at MV there's no way my girlfriend would let me off the leash to play a round. I've heard that's a realy fun course though.

You can get 18 holes played in a little over an hour. add the red holes (I think they finished #10 this past weekend) so put the Mrs on a sightseeing tour bus and have your way with Riverhead.

Riverhead kicks ass !! Played the Social this past year.........shot terrible and then got drunk :doh:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this course. I guess one always loves their first. the tight woodsy holes completely make up for the lack of elevation change. Once in a while i'll drive by the course to go get gas at lunchtime and the parking lot is always FULL. So damn jealous of the self employed island disc rats.

Red ted #1 is pretty much right next to the White tee #1 by the big kiosk thing.

I did some sleuthing after red #9 and found the attached pics. thats a LONG ASS 500 feet up the hill and through that tunnel. Its way more tunnely in person and that is a DEAD STRAIGHT approach. I'd wager that the fairway/tunnel is 15 feet wide. The discatcher is so new it still has virginal upc code stickers on it. I found 4 more future tee/pin locations after that. At this rate we'll have 36 holes by summer. (fingers crossed)

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 14
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 19
Red ted #1 is pretty much right next to the White tee #1 by the big kiosk thing.

I did some sleuthing after red #9 and found the attached pics. thats a LONG ASS 500 feet up the hill and through that tunnel. Its way more tunnely in person and that is a DEAD STRAIGHT approach. I'd wager that the fairway/tunnel is 15 feet wide. The discatcher is so new it still has virginal upc code stickers on it. I found 4 more future tee/pin locations after that. At this rate we'll have 36 holes by summer. (fingers crossed)

Looks like a Z Buzz and I would hope to get there in 2 shots for a long putt. Straight shots are tough but they certainly make you learn that 230' in the fairway is always better than 300+ off the fairway.

Good luck on the expansion man.

Not sure if i'll be able to get the map, but within an hour of me is World Class courses in Lehigh Valley PA (worlds held there in 05?), top ten course on here in Tyler State Park, 1st pole course on east coast (philly), which has one of the best, most active disc golf clubs, and great DE disc golf with Iron Hill, Brandywine, and the recently installed Carousel park

Here'e mine at 75 miles.

Untitled.jpg

Houston's view at about 55mi to get all the courses that are typically considered "Houston area" courses.

attachment.php

The stuff up on the North side has really been growing lately.

Attachments

• Houston_DG_Map_100106.jpg
    Houston_DG_Map_100106.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 41
One tip to follow Skurf's example: Once you attach a thumb nail, grab the URL from the picture when you bring it up. Then edit your post and insert that image. Saves clicks. But you only have a 5 minute window to do so.
Just FYI: If you use the "Preview Post" button before posting it'll show you the thumbnail and you can right-click to copy the URL and then paste it in the text wrapped with IMG tags. Then there's no 5-minute edit window to worry about.

The happening mid-south Missouri disc golf scene:

Map.png

The nine-holer in the center opened in August and is right by my house. The two 18 holers that show just to the north are Ozark Mountain and Akitas Run, which for the most part do not have baskets and are used only for events. The two courses that show to the west are two of the worst courses ever. The one in Waynesville didn't have baskets the last time I was there, so it may be dead. I rated the one in Lebanon a "0." The last one on this map is an unremarkable 9 holer in the middle of nowhere that went in a year or so ago. I have not been bored enough to go out there.

As bleak as it looks, it has been worse.

We should have an 18 hole course in Rolla in the spring, and the last I heard Ozark Mountain still had baskets and was letting people play. So things are looking up.

Yeah I suppose I zoomed in too far. I tried to show the lack of courses in the area and how close to Crown Point I was. It was the best I could do. I just played 3 of the courses at Lemon Lake for the first time a couple weeks ago and from my house, it is at most a 40 min drive. I know I have been negligent.

But there is still a lack of courses around here. Besides Rogers, Lemon, and a 9 holer, you have to drive over an hour away.

Nothing to do with this thread, but nice Avatar...

Imperium kicks!!!

Centered on Cumberland, MD... 4 of the 11 courses on this map were all put in this past Spring or later. This is at the "11 down/10 up" zoom that comes up automatically so I guess it's 50 miles radius? In any case, the closest courses are an hour away. 5 are pay to play (2 are at Paw Paw, WV). Embarrasingly, I haven't played 3 of them yet (but one just got listed on here a month ago).

picture.php

attachment.php

The greater LA/OC area. For the population we're lacking in higher quality courses. La Mirada is great as well as El Dorado, but it's a long drive in any direction to other higher end courses. There's a couple new courses opening in the Inland Empire, but then I'd have to drive out to the Inland Empire. :gross:

I do need to get out and try all the courses in the area though.

*backswing

La Mirada is one reason a very small part of me wanted to attend Biola University. Headed north to San Francisco this Saturday (3.5 hour drive) and will be stopping at Golden Gate, can't wait!