• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What happened to Corinth???

Roc1Time

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I just saw that the course has been pulled. I think thats funny just because it wasnt even in the ground for 6 weeks? Does anyone know why?

Sorry that didnt sound right, its funny that they spent alot of money on 10 discatchers just to pull them in 6 weeks. Im am justwondering what their reasoning is, did someone act like a douche or what?

City council got pissed about someone cutting trees down on the course. They pulled the pins, and will discuss replacing them @ their next meeting in FEB.

Mike D added this to the course page:

"Course was coming along very nicely until the city pulled the baskets!! email [email protected] to get this course back! Please include where you live and how often you play"

Any locals need to help to get this course back up and running!

City council got pissed about someone cutting trees down on the course. They pulled the pins, and will discuss replacing them @ their next meeting in FEB.

Wow , thats pretty um........gay. Someone cut down some trees and the city freaked out.:thmbdown: yeah id have to go postal on someone who was responsible for that if that was the closest course to me. I have heard of courses that are being designed having similar issues dealing with the city though, this course around me was only alowed to be put in if the guys building the course agreed not to cut any trees or bushes, needless to say this course is way too woodsy and thick, it would be way way way better with some common sence trim work (cutting of trees in the fairway, cutting of bushes etc..). Its simple, cut as many trees as you need to cut and then plant twice that many somewhere else, everybody wins, the earth and us win. I think thats totaly rediculous and bull crap that the city did that. Id be at the town meeting bitching up a storm.

Um.. Did I miss something? I just played this course today.. And yesterday for that matter.

O.K so someone is tripping on acid, is the park there or not, cant be both, you guys talking about the same park?

Quisenberry park in Corinth, TX off of Corinth Pkwy. 9 holes, tight wooded, big blind annys.. Designed by Mike Doran.. We on the same page so far?

Yes, I played it Thursday 12/03 & Friday 12/04. All holes still there, two other dudes were also out there. So maybe the city pulled them & put them back? Maybe they just haven't pulled them yet.. Which would suck.. This course is the ****, and I know alot of work has been put into it. And it really beats going to the course here in Denton..

I did notice today that some tree stumps had numbers written on them on the fairway on hole 5. This fairway was clearly cut out of a cluster of trees. What's lame if this is even remotely true is that the course has a fairly small footprint and fits well with great use of the terrain. If I get out there and the baskets are gone anytime soon I'll post something.

no ****?? i here i've been telling people it's gone. i'd better go out while i still can.

the tree stump numbering is the work of some nearby residents who took offense to the "radical destruction" of foliage at a public park. funny thing is that they aren't even the residents directly adjacent to the park, they're on the other side of the subdivision.

The latest update was on 12/2 and it says the city pulled the baskets. I talked to a friend in Lake Dallas, and he said that they were pulled!

Now, I'm confused.

I'll give him a call again to check.

Please do.. then send a note my way so I know whether to put the course back in rotation or not.

I first saw on another thread about the baskets getting pulled. Then read what Mike D updated on the conditions on the course page. I emailed him and he acted as if the pins were gone. I never actually went out and looked, however when i drove past everyday it looked like the parking lot was completely empty.. which led me to believe the pins were gone. I emailed him again tonight asking if the pins were back. so if he replies I'll post it up and let yall know what he says. Either way i live 2 mins from the course and i'm going to look for myself tomorrow morning.

I didn't go by today, but I'll say it again. As of 12/03 & 12/04 the baskets were in.. Business as usual. I'm going to go by tomorrow to play.. I'll post something from the course, if no one else has.

Mike e-mailed me back saying
"They just have not been pulled yet. We have been stalling. Looks like Monday for sure they will be pulled until they have there meeting in Feb."

sad story.

It sounds like the course might stay at Corinth though. The city council just has to get their ducks in a row and go through all the beaurocratic steps before the course can stay.

Mike e-mailed me back saying
"They just have not been pulled yet. We have been stalling. Looks like Monday for sure they will be pulled until they have there meeting in Feb."

sad story.

Man, that blows! Hopefully everything works out.. QP is a great course. It's really hard to believe that the course can get pulled bcs some people complained about anything. I mean.. It's just bullsh:t. If I lodge a complaint with the city about the adjacent softball fields I sincerely doubt they're gonna go pull the lights and bases.. And at best it's gone till February? Soooo lame! That's it, I'm putting on the layers and going to get a suasage biscuit, and then I'm playing out the day at QP.

Man, that blows! Hopefully everything works out.. QP is a great course. It's really hard to believe that the course can get pulled bcs some people complained about anything. I mean.. It's just bullsh:t. If I lodge a complaint with the city about the adjacent softball fields I sincerely doubt they're gonna go pull the lights and bases.. And at best it's gone till February? Soooo lame! That's it, I'm putting on the layers and going to get a suasage biscuit, and then I'm playing out the day at QP.

Yeah, i say there's too much concrete out there, so they should pull the basketball goals.

Was it disc golfers in the know who did the extra cutting? Or was it some know-it-all golfers who couldn't execute a certain shot, and decided some midnight landscaping was in order?