• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Happens After An Ace?

My first ace I was with my buddy who threw one about a year prior. I had come so close so many times, it was just a relief to finally sink one. I yelled "finally!", did a Tiger style swinging fist pump, then chugged a Busch lite in celebration. No signing discs or tee signs, just kept throwing it until I eventually threw it ina pond to never be seen again.

Hey, everybody.

I'm interested in knowing what anybody reading this would do if they ever throw an ace or what they have done whenever they've thrown one.
Would you write the date, time, hole #, location, throw used, weather conditions, and witnesses' names inside the disc you used and then frame it, never to use it again?
Or would you smile, cheer, high-five everyone around you, reclaim the disc and just move on to the next hole?

Those are just two examples from opposite ends of the spectrum, so let me know, folks!

What do you think you would do if you ever throw an ace. Or, if you already have one under your belt, what do you do with your discs after having thrown one?

I smile, fist bump my partners, and go to next tee to get ready for my next shot.

When my ex moved out of the house, she took all the pictures and mirrors with her, so I have a bunch of wall anchors sticking out of the walls.

I'll hang Aces until I run out of anchors...currently I only have two Aces, so it's not a pressing issue.

Also, I don't mark signs or baskets...just the disc.

Last edited:
I sign the basket "Zenbot", kick over every trash can nearby, and make sure to scream in the middle of everyone else's backswing I can see.

I sign the basket "Zenbot", kick over every trash can nearby, and make sure to scream in the middle of everyone else's backswing I can see.

I used to rip my clothes off and do 3 donuts around the basket but I quit doing that when I turned 60, it's immature. :D

Hey, everybody.

I'm interested in knowing what anybody reading this would do if they ever throw an ace or what they have done whenever they've thrown one.
Would you write the date, time, hole #, location, throw used, weather conditions, and witnesses' names inside the disc you used and then frame it, never to use it again?
Or would you smile, cheer, high-five everyone around you, reclaim the disc and just move on to the next hole?

Those are just two examples from opposite ends of the spectrum, so let me know, folks!

What do you think you would do if you ever throw an ace. Or, if you already have one under your belt, what do you do with your discs after having thrown one?

My most recent ace disc is in my bag, with date, hole, and course name inked on the back. If it was good enough to find the basket once, it could do it again.

The previous 2 are not bagged, but only because they're molds I no longer throw.

I get annoyed. An ace is a bad throw that got lucky and went in. As a terrible putter I rely on being directly under that basket to score. An ace would have been in two putt territory.

I get annoyed. An ace is a bad throw that got lucky and went in. As a terrible putter I rely on being directly under that basket to score. An ace would have been in two putt territory.

If that's what you think you're not just a terrible putter. :popcorn:

I don't always get aces, but when I do... I take my disc out of the basket before other people hole out.

And I usually have someone take a picture of me with the disc and basket. Bogeynomore witnessed my last one, and I wrote the hole/date on there. It's still in the bag.

Depends on the context. Usually gets a room and a fist pump out of me, even if it's a short tee 150' ace. Still basket to teepad. Will note the hole on the disc and have witnesses sign if there are any.

Last ace I hit was on the last hole of a bad round. I was actually kind of frustrated that it happened in that rd. Felt like a waste of an ace. Still high fived and signed it and did come to appreciate that it was a cool ace to get.

I like to take a picture with my disc in the basket. I also keep a list the holes and dates. I don't like to mark up discs. Most of my ace discs earn insta-bag status for life. My reaction is always disbelief. It tends to make my day and rekindle my love for the game.

Please DO NOT write anything on the basket.
This is a huge pet peeve for me, and I see it all the time.
An ace is a personal achievement, nobody else cares what you did.
Your not ever gonna pull better chicks because you got your frisbee in a basket in one throw.
Your friends should buy you a beer, but most do it with contempt.

My first was solo and I just wrote it on my own disc. The next three were with witnesses who all signed the disc. All of them hang on the wall. I'll probably do the same with the next one. They're rare enough for me that I think they're worth commemorating.

My last ace was solo on my course.. I don't even think my dog saw it.. First shot short hole.. I let out a quick woohoo because I felt obligated.