• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What is the most Overstable Driver?

Most OS Driver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
This thread has been done a couple of times, but with all the recent releases I wanted some fresh takes.

I love Overstable discs, Apes in their glidy meathookery are my main distance disc and my most thrown are champ Firebirds.

In the last few years we have seen some great OS distance discs released, and I have love some of them.

The Stiletto, XXX, Reign, Nuke OS, Rask, the list goes on for days.

Personally I think that even with all the new kids, the HPP Spirit might be the most OS even now.

What disc do you think and why?

I didn't see the Max listed. Yeah, I know it went OOP, but give it some listing love, yes?

H1

It's so overstable that it doesn't actually go left. It just spikes itself

Spirit is probably similar but I haven't thrown one

I am not a meathook thrower, but the Phase has to be mentioned in these conversations, as Brutus said. It's the kind of disc that, for my arm, will turn into reverse rollers. It is more overstable than the H1.

I actually give my vote to the Justice. If you don't believe, get a max weight and throw it like your other midranges. :D

Definitely the Spirit. That thing is almost useless it's so OS.

In my limited experience the most OS disc I ever threw was a flat 12x Champ Firebird. I have posted about it on here before because it really disappointed me. It would hook immediately out of my hand and I struggled to throw it over 200'. It was useless for my game.

H1

It's so overstable that it doesn't actually go left. It just spikes itself

Spirit is probably similar but I haven't thrown one

Try an X1. Same thing. Mades for a great tomahawk disc, but other that that EXTREME utility shot, it's barely got any use.

I am not one to use many OS discs, but I don't see how anything is more OS than the table top Flicks. I just laugh at myself when I try to do something with those.

I voted Spirit.

I haven't thrown a lot of the discs listed, but for what I have thrown, the Spirit is just an obnoxious meat hook.

I have a 2005 cfr Z Flick that is flat/concave, easily the beefiest thing in my stash.

ftr, I haven't thrown a Spirit.

In my bag:

shorter range: the xxx for sure.

longer range: lucid enforcer

Ten plus years ago in my bag:

whippet and the xclone.

I think the most OS disc I've thrown to date is surprisingly the Nate Doss Ti Forces (first runs).
By the way they are for sell (only field tested).

The new flat Star Destroyers are pure beef. Read the last few pages of the Destroyer's Unite thread if you haven't already.

I'm so tempted to buy a spirit now, but I really like the h1 shape better and I have a hard time acknowledging how something could be more overstable.

So I'll say h1 but I'll begrudgingly admit it seems like the spirit could be more os since it's also faster.

The faf firebirds are nearly identical to h1 in stability too.

Latest posts